Re: I dun and did it...

  • f100_71@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 1, 2001
      Did you use "order from printed catalog"? I was making the mistake of
      not doing that when trying to order my 2119.

      Tom Herpich

    • fab-it@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 1, 2001
        Alan,

        Where on the HF site did you type the part number in? I just tried
        it and it worked. Here is how I did it

        On the Harbor Freight main page there is a side bar on the left
        that has a link to the "Order from Printed Catalog" page. Pick this
        and it will open an order window on the screen that has a form where
        you fill in the quantity (1), part number (4658), the number of the
        cost code (2), and the cost code (VGA). After you have completed
        this, go down and select the "Add To Order" button at the bottom of
        the form. A new window will appear that has the correct price.

        BTW, when you are filling out the form, copy all of the information
        into several lines of the form. Then change the cost code number
        from 0 thru 5 and hit "Add to order". The lines that are valid will
        transfer to the next page and it will show you the numbers that are
        not. When you are done, select the "Close Window" button at the
        bottom of the page.

        I had to play with it a few times to get the hang of it myself.

        Hope this helps, and if you have any more trouble let me know.

        Kenny
        Arlington, TX

        --- In mill_drill@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
        > Hi Kenny,
        >
        > Good trick! but I just looked it up (I need a stand!), and all I
        get is
        > $159!
        > Both -1vga and -2vga bring up the same ad for me :>(
        >
        > Alan KM6VV
        >

        > fab-it@r... wrote:
        > >
        > > Just doing some research for my mill purchase and ran across this:
        > > using HF #4658-2vga will get you the stand for $99.99 instead of
        the -
        > > 1vga which is $159.99.
        > >
        > > I have had no problems when asking if my local HF store will
        match an
        > > internet price (probably helps that they see my ugly mug at least
        > > once a week!)
        > >
        > > Hope this helps,
        > >
        > > Kenny
        > > Arlington, TX
      • Alan Marconett KM6VV
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 1, 2001
          Hi Kenny,

          Nope, I think they fixed their leak! The catalog sales changes it to
          -2VGA.

          Alan KM6VV

          f100_71@... wrote:

          > Did you use "order from printed catalog"? I was making the mistake of
          > not doing that when trying to order my 2119.
          >
          > Tom Herpich
          >
          > --- In mill_drill@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
          > > Hi Kenny,
          > >
          > > Good trick! but I just looked it up (I need a stand!), and all I
          > get is
          > > $159!
          > > Both -1vga and -2vga bring up the same ad for me :>(
          > >
          > > Alan KM6VV
          > >

          > > fab-it@r... wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Just doing some research for my mill purchase and ran across this:
          > > > using HF #4658-2vga will get you the stand for $99.99 instead of
          > the -
          > > > 1vga which is $159.99.
          > > >
          > > > I have had no problems when asking if my local HF store will match
          > an
          > > > internet price (probably helps that they see my ugly mug at least
          > > > once a week!)
          > > >
          > > > Hope this helps,
          > > >
          > > > Kenny
          > > > Arlington, TX
        • Ward M.
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 1, 2001
            I just gave it a try, and it DOES work!!!  That's pretty cool.  I'll have to try it on a few other items.....

            Thanks,

            Ward M.

            f100_71@... wrote:

            > Did you use "order from printed catalog"? I was making the mistake of
            > not doing that when trying to order my 2119.
            >
            > Tom Herpich
            >
            > --- In mill_drill@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
            > > Hi Kenny,
            > >
            > > Good trick!  but I just looked it up (I need a stand!), and all I
            > get is
            > > $159!
            > > Both -1vga and -2vga bring up the same ad for me :>(
            > >
            > > Alan  KM6VV
            > >

            > > fab-it@r... wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Just doing some research for my mill purchase and ran across this:
            > > > using HF #4658-2vga will get you the stand for $99.99 instead of
            > the -
            > > > 1vga which is $159.99.
            > > >
            > > > I have had no problems when asking if my local HF store will match
            > an
            > > > internet price (probably helps that they see my ugly mug at least
            > > > once a week!)
            > > >
            > > > Hope this helps,
            > > >
            > > > Kenny
            > > > Arlington, TX

          • Alan Marconett KM6VV
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 1, 2001
              Thanks Kenny,

              I was using the "catalog entry", and I had been going to the pix
              before. This time I got to a "summary" list (bill), and it has the
              99.99 price listed. Apparently there is only one pix, and it always
              says -1VGA, 159.99.

              Now I just hope they have one!

              Alan KM6VV

              fab-it@... wrote:

              > Alan,
              >
              > Where on the HF site did you type the part number in? I just tried
              > it and it worked. Here is how I did it
              >
              > On the Harbor Freight main page there is a side bar on the left
              > that has a link to the "Order from Printed Catalog" page. Pick this
              > and it will open an order window on the screen that has a form where
              > you fill in the quantity (1), part number (4658), the number of the
              > cost code (2), and the cost code (VGA). After you have completed
              > this, go down and select the "Add To Order" button at the bottom of
              > the form. A new window will appear that has the correct price.
              >
              > BTW, when you are filling out the form, copy all of the information
              > into several lines of the form. Then change the cost code number
              > from 0 thru 5 and hit "Add to order". The lines that are valid will
              > transfer to the next page and it will show you the numbers that are
              > not. When you are done, select the "Close Window" button at the
              > bottom of the page.
              >
              > I had to play with it a few times to get the hang of it myself.
              >
              > Hope this helps, and if you have any more trouble let me know.
              >
              > Kenny
              > Arlington, TX
              >
              > --- In mill_drill@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
              > > Hi Kenny,
              > >
              > > Good trick! but I just looked it up (I need a stand!), and all I
              > get is
              > > $159!
              > > Both -1vga and -2vga bring up the same ad for me :>(
              > >
              > > Alan KM6VV
              > >

              > > fab-it@r... wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Just doing some research for my mill purchase and ran across this:
              > > > using HF #4658-2vga will get you the stand for $99.99 instead of
              > the -
              > > > 1vga which is $159.99.
              > > >
              > > > I have had no problems when asking if my local HF store will
              > match an
              > > > internet price (probably helps that they see my ugly mug at least
              > > > once a week!)
              > > >
              > > > Hope this helps,
              > > >
              > > > Kenny
              > > > Arlington, TX

            • Steve Roberts
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 1, 2001
                I had a similar problem with a machine. Don't forget rust is an oxidization
                and there is no reversing that.Rust tends to grow thus is proud of the
                surface. Polishing with abrasive paper/cloth removes rust but also parent
                metal. Having said all of that I used a product called MAAS (made in
                Illinois) sold at all large grocery stores. This is powerful stuff indeed
                as my previous efforts left a lot to be desired whereas MASS did the job
                with a toothbrush and it seems as time goes by the effected area gets
                better. It comes in a 2 oz tube (you guys should really go metric and then
                you can be as screwed up as we are)
                Steve Roberts
                Professional Engineer