Re: [mill_drill] Re: I dun and did it...

  • Alan Marconett KM6VV
    Message 1 of 16 , May 31 11:29 PM
      Hi Kenny,

      Good trick! but I just looked it up (I need a stand!), and all I get is
      $159!
      Both -1vga and -2vga bring up the same ad for me :>(

      Alan KM6VV

    • f100_71@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 1, 2001
        Did you use "order from printed catalog"? I was making the mistake of
        not doing that when trying to order my 2119.

        Tom Herpich

      • fab-it@rocketmail.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 1, 2001
          Alan,

          Where on the HF site did you type the part number in? I just tried
          it and it worked. Here is how I did it

          On the Harbor Freight main page there is a side bar on the left
          that has a link to the "Order from Printed Catalog" page. Pick this
          and it will open an order window on the screen that has a form where
          you fill in the quantity (1), part number (4658), the number of the
          cost code (2), and the cost code (VGA). After you have completed
          this, go down and select the "Add To Order" button at the bottom of
          the form. A new window will appear that has the correct price.

          BTW, when you are filling out the form, copy all of the information
          into several lines of the form. Then change the cost code number
          from 0 thru 5 and hit "Add to order". The lines that are valid will
          transfer to the next page and it will show you the numbers that are
          not. When you are done, select the "Close Window" button at the
          bottom of the page.

          I had to play with it a few times to get the hang of it myself.

          Hope this helps, and if you have any more trouble let me know.

          Kenny
          Arlington, TX

          --- In mill_drill@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
          > Hi Kenny,
          >
          > Good trick! but I just looked it up (I need a stand!), and all I
          get is
          > $159!
          > Both -1vga and -2vga bring up the same ad for me :>(
          >
          > Alan KM6VV
          >

          > fab-it@r... wrote:
          > >
          > > Just doing some research for my mill purchase and ran across this:
          > > using HF #4658-2vga will get you the stand for $99.99 instead of
          the -
          > > 1vga which is $159.99.
          > >
          > > I have had no problems when asking if my local HF store will
          match an
          > > internet price (probably helps that they see my ugly mug at least
          > > once a week!)
          > >
          > > Hope this helps,
          > >
          > > Kenny
          > > Arlington, TX
        • Alan Marconett KM6VV
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 1, 2001
            Hi Kenny,

            Nope, I think they fixed their leak! The catalog sales changes it to
            -2VGA.

            Alan KM6VV

            f100_71@... wrote:

            > Did you use "order from printed catalog"? I was making the mistake of
            > not doing that when trying to order my 2119.
            >
            > Tom Herpich
            >
            > --- In mill_drill@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
            > > Hi Kenny,
            > >
            > > Good trick! but I just looked it up (I need a stand!), and all I
            > get is
            > > $159!
            > > Both -1vga and -2vga bring up the same ad for me :>(
            > >
            > > Alan KM6VV
            > >

            > > fab-it@r... wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Just doing some research for my mill purchase and ran across this:
            > > > using HF #4658-2vga will get you the stand for $99.99 instead of
            > the -
            > > > 1vga which is $159.99.
            > > >
            > > > I have had no problems when asking if my local HF store will match
            > an
            > > > internet price (probably helps that they see my ugly mug at least
            > > > once a week!)
            > > >
            > > > Hope this helps,
            > > >
            > > > Kenny
            > > > Arlington, TX
          • Ward M.
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 1, 2001
              I just gave it a try, and it DOES work!!!  That's pretty cool.  I'll have to try it on a few other items.....

              Thanks,

              Ward M.

              f100_71@... wrote:

              > Did you use "order from printed catalog"? I was making the mistake of
              > not doing that when trying to order my 2119.
              >
              > Tom Herpich
              >
              > --- In mill_drill@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
              > > Hi Kenny,
              > >
              > > Good trick!  but I just looked it up (I need a stand!), and all I
              > get is
              > > $159!
              > > Both -1vga and -2vga bring up the same ad for me :>(
              > >
              > > Alan  KM6VV
              > >

              > > fab-it@r... wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Just doing some research for my mill purchase and ran across this:
              > > > using HF #4658-2vga will get you the stand for $99.99 instead of
              > the -
              > > > 1vga which is $159.99.
              > > >
              > > > I have had no problems when asking if my local HF store will match
              > an
              > > > internet price (probably helps that they see my ugly mug at least
              > > > once a week!)
              > > >
              > > > Hope this helps,
              > > >
              > > > Kenny
              > > > Arlington, TX

            • Alan Marconett KM6VV
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 1, 2001
                Thanks Kenny,

                I was using the "catalog entry", and I had been going to the pix
                before. This time I got to a "summary" list (bill), and it has the
                99.99 price listed. Apparently there is only one pix, and it always
                says -1VGA, 159.99.

                Now I just hope they have one!

                Alan KM6VV

                fab-it@... wrote:

                > Alan,
                >
                > Where on the HF site did you type the part number in? I just tried
                > it and it worked. Here is how I did it
                >
                > On the Harbor Freight main page there is a side bar on the left
                > that has a link to the "Order from Printed Catalog" page. Pick this
                > and it will open an order window on the screen that has a form where
                > you fill in the quantity (1), part number (4658), the number of the
                > cost code (2), and the cost code (VGA). After you have completed
                > this, go down and select the "Add To Order" button at the bottom of
                > the form. A new window will appear that has the correct price.
                >
                > BTW, when you are filling out the form, copy all of the information
                > into several lines of the form. Then change the cost code number
                > from 0 thru 5 and hit "Add to order". The lines that are valid will
                > transfer to the next page and it will show you the numbers that are
                > not. When you are done, select the "Close Window" button at the
                > bottom of the page.
                >
                > I had to play with it a few times to get the hang of it myself.
                >
                > Hope this helps, and if you have any more trouble let me know.
                >
                > Kenny
                > Arlington, TX
                >
                > --- In mill_drill@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
                > > Hi Kenny,
                > >
                > > Good trick! but I just looked it up (I need a stand!), and all I
                > get is
                > > $159!
                > > Both -1vga and -2vga bring up the same ad for me :>(
                > >
                > > Alan KM6VV
                > >

                > > fab-it@r... wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Just doing some research for my mill purchase and ran across this:
                > > > using HF #4658-2vga will get you the stand for $99.99 instead of
                > the -
                > > > 1vga which is $159.99.
                > > >
                > > > I have had no problems when asking if my local HF store will
                > match an
                > > > internet price (probably helps that they see my ugly mug at least
                > > > once a week!)
                > > >
                > > > Hope this helps,
                > > >
                > > > Kenny
                > > > Arlington, TX

              • Steve Roberts
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 1, 2001
                  I had a similar problem with a machine. Don't forget rust is an oxidization
                  and there is no reversing that.Rust tends to grow thus is proud of the
                  surface. Polishing with abrasive paper/cloth removes rust but also parent
                  metal. Having said all of that I used a product called MAAS (made in
                  Illinois) sold at all large grocery stores. This is powerful stuff indeed
                  as my previous efforts left a lot to be desired whereas MASS did the job
                  with a toothbrush and it seems as time goes by the effected area gets
                  better. It comes in a 2 oz tube (you guys should really go metric and then
                  you can be as screwed up as we are)
                  Steve Roberts
                  Professional Engineer