3D printer

  • Jerry Durand
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2013
      TurboCAD is offering a free 3D printer with purchase of their full
      version. Note it's a Cube printer, so the custom filament is going to
      cost you, but it could be a deal for someone.

      I use TurboCAD with my CNC mill and to design stuff for my Afinia printer.

      tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
      Skype: jerrydurand
    • Jerry Durand
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 22, 2014
        I'm making a new feeder for our 3D printer and designed it to be milled on my CNC machine.  Then I thought, why not try it on the 3D printer, at least to test fits.  It looks like it's going to work, but I still have to adjust some clearances, mainly from measuring off the old part and not being able to get precise numbers.

        Anyway, if it doesn't hold up I can still mill a new part from something more solid.

        Pictures here including a test fit on the motor (minus the bracket that holds it on).
        http://interstellar.com/photos/Afinia_3D/3D_Printer_Feeder-1.JPG
        http://interstellar.com/photos/Afinia_3D/3D_Printer_Feeder-2.JPG
        http://interstellar.com/photos/Afinia_3D/3D_Printer_Feeder-3.JPG