Replacement motor for Enco RF-30

  • Steve M
    Message 1 of 38 , Nov 6, 2013
      I bought an Enco branded RF-30 style mill from the original owner. Motor has a manufacture date of 1987. Machine is in great condition minus the burned up motor. I'm having a time of it trying to sort out what frame/mount would be best for a replacement. I understand I'll have to address the odd ball pulley bore when I get to that part of this.

      Was thinking I'd like a good quality 2HP 3 phase motor for use with a VFD.

      Any input much appreciated. I've searched all over the place with little specifics coming up.

      Steven.
    • Steve M
      Message 38 of 38 , Nov 16, 2013
        I bought a braking resistor. I don't think the mill needs it. It would be really helpful on a bandsaw to help with the inertia. A VFD adds a lot more than just variable speed. You get low voltage controls and braking as well.

        I'm making a small control panel to run the VFD. I'll post photos when it is finished.

        160 Bluffs Ct.
        Canton GA 30114
        United States

        Bill To
        Steven

        Receipt
        Date 11/11/2013
        Sale #
        Payment Method
        Check #
        Project
        End Date
        Shipper No.
        Purchase Order #
        Created From
        Shipping Method UPS Ground
        Tracking # 5
        Customer Phone

        ItemQuantityUnitsSerial/Lot NumbersDescriptionRateOptionsTaxAmount
        DBR-2002-C1  TECO Dynamic Brake Resistor, 230V, 2HP **JNBR-150W100**20.00 Yes20.00
        FM50-202-C1  TECO FM50 AC Drive, 2 HP, 230V 1 / 3 PH Input, 230V 3 PH Output, 7.5FLA, IP20
        167.00 Yes167.00
        FM WELCOME KIT1  FM Catalog
        Promotional Material
        0.00 Yes0.00
        Subtotal187.00
        Shipping Cost (UPS Ground)14.56
        Total$201.56

        On Nov 15, 2013, at 12:44 PM, "Bruce Johnson" <remoc@...> wrote:

        Hi Steve

        Can you give me the purchase information/source on the 2hp Teco FM50 for $200 ? I think this would be perfect for a project of mine with a marathon 2hp 3 ph bandsaw motor.  Thanks for your time, regards Bruce