mark

  • david
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 26, 2013
      that was fast. . . . I just sent them yesterday  Smile
    • markknx
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 26, 2013

        Dave I got them on Thurs day, you might have me confused. I think you sent mine on Mon. we talked sun.

        Was busy today so have not had a chance to test them. I did turn them on and run them back and forth to make sure they were reading. when work turns arround if I like them I may order some for the lathe and the mimi.

        Install was pretty easy once I came up with the plan, Just a little time needed to make sure all was straight and true.

        do you see anything that looks wrong or in a bad spot? I did cover the Y scale after the photo. I did the same thing I did on the X

        As a matter of luck my X handles hit the table before I run out of scale and crash so I did not need to add stops.

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 27, 2013
          I was kidding, but for me, every day is a saturday   Smile
        • markknx
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 27, 2013

            Still it was quick. did you look at the pics? see any thing you would change?

            ---In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, <tooldoc@...> wrote:

            I was kidding, but for me, every day is a saturday   Smile
          • cwz23t
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 4, 2013

              Hey Mark!  Your mill really does look almost exactly like mine.  I was looking at your recently updated photo album and had a couple questions:

              In photo #29... what are the magnets for on the base pedestal?  Just curious.

              In photo #30 I see you have a different setup where my spindle lock would be (just to the left of your spindle DRO).  What is it, and how does it work?  Mine has the standard clock spring for the spindle return, and then an additional coil spring.  I don't know if the coil spring is OEM or not.  I'm guessing maybe not.

              Curt

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 7, 2013

                Hey Curt,

                sorry it took so long to get back at you.  In 29 the magnets are just there because I did not remove them. I used them to help hold the scales in place while I was installing them.

                Yes I seen your coil springand wondered about it. Mine has a clock spring that is housed in that little door bell looking cover. The cover also acts as the lock to hold the spring at tension.