RE: Re: Re: [mill_drill] pump oiler

  • sapperd06
    Message 1 of 37 , Oct 7, 2013

      GP,

      To size it up, it is like buying stuff on ebay and not paying sales tax on it. Some states require it, but no one claims it.  The problem is that US CBP Customs Border Protect has the task of protecting the US economy, and they have been seizing imports and prosecuting importation violations for over a hundred years now.  Each import is tracked and documented so very

      well that each case is a clear violation by the paperwork and ignorance of the law is no excuse.  It just costs too much for the local US Attorney to prosecute a violation over a 8.00 tariff fee collection. Believe it or not there are bases for fraud, racketeering, and mail fraud for cheap product that may be protected by patents, copy-rites, and trademarks. oh I forgot, if value is over 10k add in money laundering. {  CFR  title 18 sections: 1341, 1956, 2318, 2319, 2320 }

      Ebay promotes buying directly from china and elsewhere because they get there cut and have NO liability in the matter, but you are on the hook for everything that is due monetarily and legally.. Again Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

      That is how I understand it, you may view it very differently.

      DWP

      ---In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, <mill_drill@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      So in short you are telling us not to buy any products that are shipped from a foreign country. Is that how i understand it ? E-Bay promotes purchases from China.

      GP

      Message 37 of 37 , Oct 29, 2013
        Not yet.
        My life got totally distracted for now. Put a new roof on the house, and trying to
        do some painting before the weather gets too bad.
        Probably get one in December.
        I will report here when I do get back to the shop.
        Larry