Re: [mill_drill] RE: Here is a Deal

  • Scott E Bosecker
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 1, 2013
      I think mine – see photo section Scott’s Mill-Drill – is similar to the Jet-16.  I am out of the country at the moment and will return this weekend.  I’ll post the sizes on the belts I have at that time.

      Best regards,

      Scott

      Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 3:29 AM
      Subject: [mill_drill] RE: Here is a Deal

      I've looked around, and have not been able to find much detailed information about these mills.  About the only way I can think of would be to take the belts off and measure them.  I might be able to pull it apart later this week.

      ---In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, <patricksimpson@...> wrote:

      Cwz23t,

      Not to I recently got one of these and need to know the belt size to use on it. Anyone know what it is? Jet 16 with MT3 is what I have.

      ---In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, <mill_drill@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I have this exact same machine including the MT3 spindle.  I like it a lot.  My lathe also has a MT3 taper in the headshaft, so with one set of MT3 colletts I can quickly and easily move work between the two machines.  I all depends on what you do and how you do it.  "Yuk"?????  LOL

      ---In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, <paulguenter@...> wrote:

      So the spindle taper is no big deal. I have one with MT2. the selling price is write for a brand new machine

      GP

      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 11, 2013
        A month or two ago I stumbled on a pretty good Craigslist deal on new "scratch and dent" Jet JMD-18 mills.

        MSRP for this mill (which includes a stand, runs on 110 or 220 single phase, and has an R-8 spindle) is about $3100. The CL price for these mills is around $1500. I called him, and he says he's the central repository for all Jet scratch-and-dent merchandise. He's located in Auburn, WA. The original CL listing I saw is now gone, but he has a new one up:

        <http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/tld/4121292949.html>

        You can find him by going to the Seattle Craigslist and either searching for "Jet JMD-18 Auburn," or simply "Jet mill." If he has one, it will show up. Alternatively, you can call him at 253-804-3211 or go to the company's website:

        <http://www.equipmentsalesandsurplus.com/>

        NOTE - though his website mentions "No BS shipping," that is, free shipping on orders over $250, the CL ads say the items/prices are for pickup only.

        Might be worth considering, if you live within driving distance of the Seattle area...

        Best wishes!

        - John Herrmann