Latest tool ads

  • Rick Redfield
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2013
      Well, at least once a year someone has to share this obligatory rendition of those colorful tool ads that flood our mailbox.

      http://www.flutterby.com/images/2012/10/01/hf_tool_sale.pdf

      Enjoy and happy machining.

      Rick R
    • Guenther Paul
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 29, 2013
        Hey Rick
        My grand father used to collect nails and then set in the shed and straighten them rusty ones and all. He would have loved the 16 ton nail unbender.
        Talking about nails that where hard to drive if you would have used my grand fathers nail i bet you would have thrown the hammer at him

        GP

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 29, 2013
          That is a great story! I have straightened a few nails in my day. I actually thought that was almost a reasonable tool to make! Pneumatic power would straighten a nail in one stroke. Fortunately I came to my senses in time as I have 3 lifetimes worth of much more important projects on the life list...

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 29, 2013
            Hi All,

            I love the advert - it is too close to reality <smile>

            As for trivia that is likely only important to my family....  My grandfather was known as "Tom the Nailer" as being a nailer was a profession back in the Old Country.  Checking a 1903 (?) census, I found nailers living in the town as well as a few of my uncles - my father was born shortly after the census was taken.

            I wasn't able to find my grandfathers anvil during my visits - not quite sure I could pack in my luggage anyway.

            Thanks for the memories.

            Be well,DBN