Here is a Deal

  • paulguenter@att.net
    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 28, 2013
    • John Herrmann
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 11, 2013
        A month or two ago I stumbled on a pretty good Craigslist deal on new "scratch and dent" Jet JMD-18 mills.

        MSRP for this mill (which includes a stand, runs on 110 or 220 single phase, and has an R-8 spindle) is about $3100. The CL price for these mills is around $1500. I called him, and he says he's the central repository for all Jet scratch-and-dent merchandise. He's located in Auburn, WA. The original CL listing I saw is now gone, but he has a new one up:

        <http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/tld/4121292949.html>

        You can find him by going to the Seattle Craigslist and either searching for "Jet JMD-18 Auburn," or simply "Jet mill." If he has one, it will show up. Alternatively, you can call him at 253-804-3211 or go to the company's website:

        <http://www.equipmentsalesandsurplus.com/>

        NOTE - though his website mentions "No BS shipping," that is, free shipping on orders over $250, the CL ads say the items/prices are for pickup only.

        Might be worth considering, if you live within driving distance of the Seattle area...

        Best wishes!

        - John Herrmann