Replacement Part Source

  • scottbosecker
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2013

      I've had my MSC 951200 (Rong Fu RF20) long enough now to notice a couple of parts are missing/damaged.

      The Rong Fu Manual - located in this groups file section - has the part number for these items as follows:

      6212 - Leaf Screw [Used to lock the table in position]

      6230 - Movable Fixed Ring [Used with other parts to form a table stop}

      I think I can get these items from Jet via their parts web site but I was wondering if anyone in the group had any other sources when they need to get a part for their Mill/Drill.

      Scott

    • Mar
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16, 2013
        If you have a lathe, they are pretty easy to make. Could even make on the mill actually, but you'd need a die to tap the threads.
      • Jim S
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 16, 2013

          face=Arial>6212 - Leaf Screw [Used to lock the table in position]

          6230 - Movable Fixed Ring [Used with other parts to form a table
          stop}

          You might try www.grizzly.com. They probably have had an rf-20 in their lineup at some time. Otherwise, the leaf screw is just a 1/4-20 threaded shaft with a flat piece of steel pinned to it so it can swivel around and act as a tightening handle.
          The movable fixed ring is sort of a counterbored washer. Along with a socket head cap screw (allen bolt), it screws into dovetailed nuts on the dovetail ways on the front of the table. This assembly is slid back and forth and locked in place to act as a stop for x-axis travel. It stops against the stop block sticking up from the saddle. There are usually two of these stops.
          Both of these parts can be fabricated fairly easily.

          Jim (Just a guy who likes to build stuff)

        • Scott E Bosecker
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 16, 2013
            Thanks Jim – I’ll poke around on the Grizzly site and see if I can find the parts.

            Both of these items have – as you noted – “twins” on the Mill-Drill.  So I can use these “twins” to compare to possible substitute parts if I can’t locate “original” stuff.

            Best regards,

            Scott