Re: [mill_drill] Millrite Milling Machine

  • componenx
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2013
      I've always thought of the Millrite as a mini-bridgeport.  There's one in my area that's been on craigslist for a while, but I've been avoiding it because a) I don't have the room for another machine, and b) actual bridgeports show up with good prices every once in a while...

      -Dave

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2013
        Ok, so a few months ago I installed two of the IGaging DRO units on my mill/drill;  the Z axis was fine, but the Y axis was having accuracy problems up to .4" off.

        As I suspected, at one point I had removed the scale from the reader, and reinstalled it backwards.  Today I was able to confirm that is was the case, based on my X-axis unit fresh from it's box.  I reassembled the Y-axis unit correctly, drilled new holes in it, and after the install, the reader was working correctly again.

        Now I just need to figure out how to install the x-axis unit without losing Y-axis travel.

        Stay tuned!

        -Dave

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2013
          Dave
          What make of machine are you installing the DRO. On some of the small mill/drill machines you have to go to the front ore you could loose as much as 2" of travel. You may have to modify the table stops and the table locks

          GP

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2013
            I have a '80 TWS; I can mount the scale on the rear and only lose about 3/4".  I think that by repackaging the sensor, I can get it down to maybe 1/4".