Re: [mill_drill] USB Digital Shadowgraph and microscope

  • Malcolm Parker-Lisberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2013
      Don't have a large screen phone, mine is old and rarely used, I prefer to talk to people face to face. Normal phone screens would be too small.

      I agree a better diffuser would improve the diffusion, but as I wanted to use it and could not wait, you can see from the video that the diffusion for the shadow works OK.

      Malcolm

      Mene, mene, tekel, upharsin
      The writing is on the wall.
      Ha-ktovet al ha-kir

      Subject: Re: [mill_drill] USB Digital Shadowgraph and microscope
      To: mill_drill@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, August 23, 2013, 5:57 PM

      Malcolm, that is awesome.
      It looks like you're using parchment or
      similar for the difuser.  Next time you trash an LCD screen
      from a phone, monitor, etc, you should swipe the white
      semi-translucent plastic used in those devices for that
      purpose, should work better.

      cheers,c

      Blog:http://coreyrenner.tumblr.com/
       YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/vandal968

      On Fri, Aug 23, 2013
      at 9:20 AM, Malcolm <mparkerlisberg@...>
      wrote:

      I have just posted a YouTube video of the digital
      Shadowgraph and measuring microscope I have constructed. LED
      backlit for shadowgraph use, or front lit for measuring
      microscope use. CAD drawings can be converted to transparent
      GIFs and overlayed for comparison with the machined part.
      Digital tyre (tire) gauges are used for X and Y axis
      measurement.

      See:

      <http://youtu.be/lw1b58kITxQ>

      Malcolm