USB Digital Shadowgraph and microscope

  • Malcolm
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2013
      I have just posted a YouTube video of the digital Shadowgraph and measuring microscope I have constructed. LED backlit for shadowgraph use, or front lit for measuring microscope use. CAD drawings can be converted to transparent GIFs and overlayed for comparison with the machined part. Digital tyre (tire) gauges are used for X and Y axis measurement.
      See:
      <http://youtu.be/lw1b58kITxQ>

      Malcolm
    • Corey Renner
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 23, 2013
        Malcolm, that is awesome.

        It looks like you're using parchment or similar for the difuser.  Next time you trash an LCD screen from a phone, monitor, etc, you should swipe the white semi-translucent plastic used in those devices for that purpose, should work better.

        cheers,

        On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Malcolm <mparkerlisberg@...> wrote:

        I have just posted a YouTube video of the digital Shadowgraph and measuring microscope I have constructed. LED backlit for shadowgraph use, or front lit for measuring microscope use. CAD drawings can be converted to transparent GIFs and overlayed for comparison with the machined part. Digital tyre (tire) gauges are used for X and Y axis measurement.
        See:
        <http://youtu.be/lw1b58kITxQ>

        Malcolm

      • Malcolm Parker-Lisberg
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 23, 2013
          Don't have a large screen phone, mine is old and rarely used, I prefer to talk to people face to face. Normal phone screens would be too small.

          I agree a better diffuser would improve the diffusion, but as I wanted to use it and could not wait, you can see from the video that the diffusion for the shadow works OK.

          Malcolm

          Mene, mene, tekel, upharsin
          The writing is on the wall.
          Ha-ktovet al ha-kir

          Subject: Re: [mill_drill] USB Digital Shadowgraph and microscope
          To: mill_drill@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Friday, August 23, 2013, 5:57 PM

          Malcolm, that is awesome.
          It looks like you're using parchment or
          similar for the difuser.  Next time you trash an LCD screen
          from a phone, monitor, etc, you should swipe the white
          semi-translucent plastic used in those devices for that
          purpose, should work better.

          cheers,c

          Blog:http://coreyrenner.tumblr.com/
           YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/vandal968