Re: [mill_drill] Re: new article: Laser Printing to Powder Coated Sheet Aluminum

  • Rick Sparber
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 19, 2013
      Steve,

      Not better. It solves a different problem. This last procedure requires a powder coated surface as the glue. The older procedures mostly have you apply glue first.

      Rick

      On Aug 19, 2013, at 9:14 AM, "Steve" <stvcass@...> wrote:

      > Rick,
      >
      > Great and informative article as usual. I believe it was you that posted another similar method using parchment paper and a laser printer. Do you find this method is bettor? I haven't tried it yet but I do have several "tags" that need to be replaced.
      >
      > Steve
      >
      > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Sparber" <rgsparber@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Ever wanted to make metal labels for your projects? You can generate the
      >> artwork on your computer, but how do you get that artwork onto a metal
      >> plate? Here is one answer.
      >>

      >> This procedure uses a laser printer, common printing paper, a plastic
      >> laminator, and powder coated aluminum "coil" (flashing). The process is
      >> based on work done by David Pickering.
      >>

      >> For the full story, please see
      >>

      >> http://rick.sparber.org/LPPC.pdf
      >>

      >> Your comments and questions are welcome. All of us are smarter than any one
      >> of us.
      >>

      >> For the full index of my articles, see rick.sparber.org.
      >>

      >> Rick

    • Guenther Paul
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 19, 2013
        On the sitewww.instrutals.com are several easy etching processes of metal etching if your interested

        GP

        On Aug 19, 2013, at 9:14 AM, "Steve" <mailto:stvcass%40yahoo.com> wrote:

        > Rick,
        >
        > Great and informative article as usual. I believe it was you that posted another similar method using parchment paper and a laser printer. Do you find this method is bettor? I haven't tried it yet but I do have several "tags" that need to be replaced.
        >
        > Steve
        >
        > --- In mailto:mill_drill%40yahoogroups.com, "Rick Sparber" <rgsparber@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Ever wanted to make metal labels for your projects? You can generate the
        >> artwork on your computer, but how do you get that artwork onto a metal
        >> plate? Here is one answer.
        >>

        >> This procedure uses a laser printer, common printing paper, a plastic
        >> laminator, and powder coated aluminum "coil" (flashing). The process is
        >> based on work done by David Pickering.
        >>

        >> For the full story, please see
        >>

        >> http://rick.sparber.org/LPPC.pdf
        >>

        >> Your comments and questions are welcome. All of us are smarter than any one
        >> of us.
        >>

        >> For the full index of my articles, see rick.sparber.org.
        >>

        >> Rick

      • Rick Sparber
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 19, 2013
          GP,

          I could not get the link to work.

          Rick

          On Aug 19, 2013, at 1:39 PM, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

          On the sitewww.instrutals.com are several easy etching processes of metal etching if your interested

          GP
          Not better. It solves a different problem. This last procedure requires a powder coated surface as the glue. The older procedures mostly have you apply glue first.

          Rick

          On Aug 19, 2013, at 9:14 AM, "Steve" <mailto:stvcass%40yahoo.com> wrote:

          > Rick,
          >
          > Great and informative article as usual. I believe it was you that posted another similar method using parchment paper and a laser printer. Do you find this method is bettor? I haven't tried it yet but I do have several "tags" that need to be replaced.
          >
          > Steve
          >
          > --- In mailto:mill_drill%40yahoogroups.com, "Rick Sparber" <rgsparber@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Ever wanted to make metal labels for your projects? You can generate the
          >> artwork on your computer, but how do you get that artwork onto a metal
          >> plate? Here is one answer.
          >>

          >> This procedure uses a laser printer, common printing paper, a plastic
          >> laminator, and powder coated aluminum "coil" (flashing). The process is
          >> based on work done by David Pickering.
          >>

          >> For the full story, please see
          >>

          >> http://rick.sparber.org/LPPC.pdf
          >>

          >> Your comments and questions are welcome. All of us are smarter than any one
          >> of us.
          >>

          >> For the full index of my articles, see rick.sparber.org.
          >>

          >> Rick

        • Druid Noibn
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 19, 2013

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 19, 2013
              Try this signed up its free. There is a lot of good stuff there

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 20, 2013

                Druid,

                I do enjoy many of the articles on instructables.

                Thanks,

                Rick