new article: Laser Printing to Powder Coated Sheet Aluminum

  • Rick Sparber
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013

      Ever wanted to make metal labels for your projects? You can generate the artwork on your computer, but how do you get that artwork onto a metal plate? Here is one answer.

      This procedure uses a laser printer, common printing paper, a plastic laminator, and powder coated aluminum “coil” (flashing). The process is based on work done by David Pickering.

      For the full story, please see

      http://rick.sparber.org/LPPC.pdf

      Your comments and questions are welcome. All of us are smarter than any one of us.

      For the full index of my articles, see rick.sparber.org.

      Rick

    • Steve
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 19, 2013
        Rick,

        Great and informative article as usual. I believe it was you that posted another similar method using parchment paper and a laser printer. Do you find this method is bettor? I haven't tried it yet but I do have several "tags" that need to be replaced.

        Steve

        --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Sparber" <rgsparber@...> wrote:

        > Ever wanted to make metal labels for your projects? You can generate the
        > artwork on your computer, but how do you get that artwork onto a metal
        > plate? Here is one answer.
        >

        > This procedure uses a laser printer, common printing paper, a plastic
        > laminator, and powder coated aluminum "coil" (flashing). The process is
        > based on work done by David Pickering.
        >

        > For the full story, please see
        >

        > http://rick.sparber.org/LPPC.pdf
        >

        > Your comments and questions are welcome. All of us are smarter than any one
        > of us.
        >

        > For the full index of my articles, see rick.sparber.org.
        >

        > Rick

      • Rick Sparber
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 19, 2013
          Steve,

          Not better. It solves a different problem. This last procedure requires a powder coated surface as the glue. The older procedures mostly have you apply glue first.

          Rick

          On Aug 19, 2013, at 9:14 AM, "Steve" <stvcass@...> wrote:

          > Rick,
          >
          > Great and informative article as usual. I believe it was you that posted another similar method using parchment paper and a laser printer. Do you find this method is bettor? I haven't tried it yet but I do have several "tags" that need to be replaced.
          >
          > Steve
          >
          > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Sparber" <rgsparber@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Ever wanted to make metal labels for your projects? You can generate the
          >> artwork on your computer, but how do you get that artwork onto a metal
          >> plate? Here is one answer.
          >>

          >> This procedure uses a laser printer, common printing paper, a plastic
          >> laminator, and powder coated aluminum "coil" (flashing). The process is
          >> based on work done by David Pickering.
          >>

          >> For the full story, please see
          >>

          >> http://rick.sparber.org/LPPC.pdf
          >>

          >> Your comments and questions are welcome. All of us are smarter than any one
          >> of us.
          >>

          >> For the full index of my articles, see rick.sparber.org.
          >>

          >> Rick

        • Guenther Paul
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 19, 2013
            On the sitewww.instrutals.com are several easy etching processes of metal etching if your interested

            GP

            On Aug 19, 2013, at 9:14 AM, "Steve" <mailto:stvcass%40yahoo.com> wrote:

            > Rick,
            >
            > Great and informative article as usual. I believe it was you that posted another similar method using parchment paper and a laser printer. Do you find this method is bettor? I haven't tried it yet but I do have several "tags" that need to be replaced.
            >
            > Steve
            >
            > --- In mailto:mill_drill%40yahoogroups.com, "Rick Sparber" <rgsparber@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Ever wanted to make metal labels for your projects? You can generate the
            >> artwork on your computer, but how do you get that artwork onto a metal
            >> plate? Here is one answer.
            >>

            >> This procedure uses a laser printer, common printing paper, a plastic
            >> laminator, and powder coated aluminum "coil" (flashing). The process is
            >> based on work done by David Pickering.
            >>

            >> For the full story, please see
            >>

            >> http://rick.sparber.org/LPPC.pdf
            >>

            >> Your comments and questions are welcome. All of us are smarter than any one
            >> of us.
            >>

            >> For the full index of my articles, see rick.sparber.org.
            >>

            >> Rick

          • Rick Sparber
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 19, 2013
              GP,

              I could not get the link to work.

              Rick

              On Aug 19, 2013, at 1:39 PM, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

              On the sitewww.instrutals.com are several easy etching processes of metal etching if your interested

              GP
              Not better. It solves a different problem. This last procedure requires a powder coated surface as the glue. The older procedures mostly have you apply glue first.

              Rick

              On Aug 19, 2013, at 9:14 AM, "Steve" <mailto:stvcass%40yahoo.com> wrote:

              > Rick,
              >
              > Great and informative article as usual. I believe it was you that posted another similar method using parchment paper and a laser printer. Do you find this method is bettor? I haven't tried it yet but I do have several "tags" that need to be replaced.
              >
              > Steve
              >
              > --- In mailto:mill_drill%40yahoogroups.com, "Rick Sparber" <rgsparber@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Ever wanted to make metal labels for your projects? You can generate the
              >> artwork on your computer, but how do you get that artwork onto a metal
              >> plate? Here is one answer.
              >>

              >> This procedure uses a laser printer, common printing paper, a plastic
              >> laminator, and powder coated aluminum "coil" (flashing). The process is
              >> based on work done by David Pickering.
              >>

              >> For the full story, please see
              >>

              >> http://rick.sparber.org/LPPC.pdf
              >>

              >> Your comments and questions are welcome. All of us are smarter than any one
              >> of us.
              >>

              >> For the full index of my articles, see rick.sparber.org.
              >>

              >> Rick

            • Druid Noibn
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 19, 2013

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 19, 2013
                  Try this signed up its free. There is a lot of good stuff there

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 20, 2013

                    Druid,

                    I do enjoy many of the articles on instructables.

                    Thanks,

                    Rick