Re: [mill_drill] 5 axis mill drill engraving video

  • Mike Heidrick
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 13, 2013

      Can you tell us more about the single parallel port break out for the fith axis? Also what is your 5 stepper choice?

      On Aug 5, 2013 1:39 PM, <dmauch@...> wrote:

      I didn't have the right engraving bit holder so I ended up using a center drill . It didn't come out that well but the real story is the 5 axis control and mechanism. If I had the right holder I sure the engraving would have been perfect. here is a video of it in operation around the 2 minute mark.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF67CGlEVK4

      Dan Mauch
      dmauch@...

    • Dan Mauch
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 14, 2013

        I have made some custom parallel port adapters. It plugs into the G540 one side and the parallel port cable on the other. Then there is a MTA header that provides the signals from mach3 to the 5thy axis.

        Not sure what you mean by “ what is your 5 sterpper choice?” Can you clarify?

        Dan Mauch

        Camtronics Inc

        Can you tell us more about the single parallel port break out for the fith axis? Also what is your 5 stepper choice?

        On Aug 5, 2013 1:39 PM, <dmauch@...> wrote:

        I didn't have the right engraving bit holder so I ended up using a center drill . It didn't come out that well but the real story is the 5 axis control and mechanism. If I had the right holder I sure the engraving would have been perfect. here is a video of it in operation around the 2 minute mark.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF67CGlEVK4

        Dan Mauch
        dmauch@...

      • bloomingtonmike888
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 14, 2013
          I was just asking what driver you used for the fifth axis - G251? etc.

          --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Mauch" <dmauch@...> wrote:

          > I have made some custom parallel port adapters. It plugs into the G540 one
          > side and the parallel port cable on the other. Then there is a MTA header
          > that provides the signals from mach3 to the 5thy axis.
          >
          > Not sure what you mean by " what is your 5 sterpper choice?" Can you
          > clarify?
          >
          > Dan Mauch
          >
          > Camtronics Inc

        • Dan Mauch
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14, 2013

            In this case I used a G251 but I could have used  others.

            Dan Mauch

            www.camtronics-cnc.com

            dmauch@...

            Stepper and servo motors

            Kits, assembled and custom CNC using Gecko products.