5 axis mill drill engraving video

  • danmauch
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2013
      I didn't have the right engraving bit holder so I ended up using a center drill . It didn't come out that well but the real story is the 5 axis control and mechanism. If I had the right holder I sure the engraving would have been perfect. here is a video of it in operation around the 2 minute mark.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF67CGlEVK4

      Dan Mauch
      dmauch@...
    • Mike Heidrick

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 14, 2013

          I have made some custom parallel port adapters. It plugs into the G540 one side and the parallel port cable on the other. Then there is a MTA header that provides the signals from mach3 to the 5thy axis.

          Not sure what you mean by “ what is your 5 sterpper choice?” Can you clarify?

          Dan Mauch

          Camtronics Inc

          Can you tell us more about the single parallel port break out for the fith axis? Also what is your 5 stepper choice?

          On Aug 5, 2013 1:39 PM, <dmauch@...> wrote:

          I didn't have the right engraving bit holder so I ended up using a center drill . It didn't come out that well but the real story is the 5 axis control and mechanism. If I had the right holder I sure the engraving would have been perfect. here is a video of it in operation around the 2 minute mark.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF67CGlEVK4

          Dan Mauch
          dmauch@...

        • bloomingtonmike888
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14, 2013
            I was just asking what driver you used for the fifth axis - G251? etc.

            --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Mauch" <dmauch@...> wrote:

            > I have made some custom parallel port adapters. It plugs into the G540 one
            > side and the parallel port cable on the other. Then there is a MTA header
            > that provides the signals from mach3 to the 5thy axis.
            >
            > Not sure what you mean by " what is your 5 sterpper choice?" Can you
            > clarify?
            >
            > Dan Mauch
            >
            > Camtronics Inc

          • Dan Mauch
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 14, 2013

              In this case I used a G251 but I could have used  others.

              Dan Mauch

              www.camtronics-cnc.com

              dmauch@...

              Stepper and servo motors

              Kits, assembled and custom CNC using Gecko products.