Re: Rotary Tables

  • etchipotle
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 1, 2002
      I ordered a Grizzly G1049 in February or March, and Grizzly customer
      service replied to me that it was a discontinued product. You might
      want to give them a call to see if it's still available. I was
      surprised that it was a discontinued product two months after the
      2002 catalog came out and advertised it.

      I ended up with an 8" Phase II table, and I think I'll go downstairs
      right now and make some chips with it.

      --- In mill_drill@y..., "ashopman2000" <lambertb@e...> wrote:
      > Does anyone have any information on the Girrly G1049 6" Hor/Ver.
      > Rotary table. I am looking to buy one and was looking at the 8"
      > Phase II from enco. I saw the 6" in the Grilly catalog and
      thought
      > with my Jet JMD-18 mill/drill it might work ok.
    • Randy
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 19, 2005
        Whats everyone using for a rotary table?
        and are the enco ones ok? or Grizzly? or even
        my buddy CDCO?? LOL

        I ordered something from them on the web ...
        Very fast delivery ...

        Randy

        PS there must be at least 2 there... Cause my order was filled
        by Frank ... and someone else mentioned Bernie...
      • ratedspeed
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 10, 2007
          Hello All,
          I'm shopping for a rotary table, either a 6" or 8" horizontal for
          use on my RF31. I would like to know if owners of the import tables
          are happy with them or should I hold out for a Palmgren or similar
          domestic manufacturer. I will only be doing hobby stuff.
          regards,
          Don
        • Bill Pace
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 11, 2007
            Phase ll has just really nice tables (along with all their stuff) and
            you'll be hard pressed to match it in cost and quality for the home
            shop. As a bonus, the 6 & 8" qualify for free shipping at ENCO, and
            that can be a money saver! (shipping code for July WBJY7)

            http://tinyurl.com/35vpo2

            There are some junky tables out there--- HF was selling some real crap
            a while back.

            --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "ratedspeed" <D_Schuler@...> wrote:

            > Hello All,
            > I'm shopping for a rotary table, either a 6" or 8" horizontal for
            > use on my RF31. I would like to know if owners of the import tables
            > are happy with them or should I hold out for a Palmgren or similar
            > domestic manufacturer. I will only be doing hobby stuff.
            > regards,
            > Don

          • Joe Williams
            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 11, 2007
              I bought the 6" model from Harbor Freight recently. I've not done much with
              it, but I'm pretty happy with it. It's certainly big enough for me. I can't
              imagine needing a bigger one. The lock bolt used to keep the table from
              turning was slightly bent. No big deal. Easily straightened. The only other
              quality issue was with the graduation numbers stamped on the collar of the
              cranks were not straight. The graduation marks themselves were fine. My only
              other wish would be for the slots on the table to be the same size as the
              ones on my mill. Oh yes, and it's painted an ugly green.

              All minor issues.

              -Joe

              >From: "ratedspeed" <D_Schuler@...>
              >To: mill_drill@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [mill_drill] Rotary Tables
              >Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 02:35:20 -0000
              >
              >Hello All,
              > I'm shopping for a rotary table, either a 6" or 8" horizontal for
              >use on my RF31. I would like to know if owners of the import tables
              >are happy with them or should I hold out for a Palmgren or similar
              >domestic manufacturer. I will only be doing hobby stuff.
              > regards,
              > Don

              http://liveearth.msn.com
            • William Abernathy
              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 11, 2007
                If it soothes your nerves any, I sold my old 8" Palmgren X-Y rotary table and
                bought an 8" Chinese rotary table (same castings as a Phase II). The Chinese
                table has less slop, and can go horizontal or vertical (I didn't feel like
                buying a huge angle plate for making the old R/T sit up and beg). Plus, I didn't
                need a table with an X-Y base, since my mill already does that.

                --William A.