Miller Big 40 Welder Help Needed

  • davidhallsten
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23, 2013
      can I ask for help in case anyone here has one of these welders ? if not, i'll remove it:
      I'm going to post this query on a few forums in hopes of getting some info from someone. I have a Miller Big 40 Welder. It has a 4 cylinder Continental engine and all of the decals for the front panel / control panel are missing, probably due to its age.
      I have contacted Miller Customer Service for ANYTHING they could point me to for decals or anything to help me out. They have given me part numbers to order, one is a "decal kit" for about $50 and another is a new "front panel" for about $150. Neither part is returnable. . . special order only,
      I tried the first option, decal kit, and it's nothing but the safety decals that are on the back of the machine. $50 shot, I asked the customer service person if this had all the control decals and she said "it's a decal kit for the model number and serial number" I gave her, period. She was really not at all helpful, not knowing what she was talking about. I tried to contact her again a few times and emailed her and got no response.
      My question to you folks that are reading this, do you or anyone you know have one of these welders that have the control decals or have a picture or would take a picture and email it to me? I would be soooo in debt for the information. . .
      Thanks many times in advance, I'll be hoping. .. . . . .. …
    • Larry White
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2013
        Davidhallsten
        There is a yahoo group called welding_group.  Somebody on that group may have the answers you need.  Not a lot of activity on there but everything posted is good stuff
        Larry
        Kempner TX

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 23, 2013
          Hi David

          This link is to a PDF for the big 40. In it you will find an image of the front panel with labels.

          Sincerely
          Pete

[...]

        • Guenther Paul
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 23, 2013
            David
            Here in my town is a miller dealer. Bean around a long time. If you have the part numbers i will be happy to call them in the morning

            GP