Need logo ID - S

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2013
      Evening, All-

      Last week I made three trips to an estate sale of a guy who worked for either NASA or Lockheed, and had an amazing machine shop in his garage. (He's still kicking, just couldn't use the equipment safely any longer) He was into live steam, engine models, probably gun smithing, etc, and made a lot of his own tools/fixtures (I bought a very nice tool post grinder he made from a laminate trimmer) I mention this as background to my question.

      One of the last things I grabbed looks like a an adaptor to either mount something large to a spindle, or, more likely, mount a specific motor/spindle assembly to something else.

      Before posting photos, I thought I'd start with the obvious. A logo appears twice; it's an S with two short vertical bars across the middle horizontal of the S. Think a dollar sign with two short parallel bars instead of one long one. One part has a 2 on it and the other a 7.

      Does the logo ring any bells?

      -Dave
    • componenx
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 22, 2013

        I had a thought at work today- the "S" logo might not be from the company at all, it could be the foundry that cast it.

        -Dave

[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to: