Re: [mill_drill] Protecting an angle plate

  • john baird
    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 17 11:16 AM
      Sorry,    Malcolm,   you live in England,  it has started to rust already,
      The writing is on the wall.
      Regards   jb

      Date: Monday, July 15, 2013, 3:21 AM

            Boeshield T9 orvJohnsons paste wax and a
      magnetic plastic sign sheet like foks put on cars to
      advertise with.

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          mill_drill-digest@yahoogroups.com
          mill_drill-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Kevin
      Message 41 of 41 , Jul 19 9:00 AM
        d.seiter@... wrote:

        > What's the best way to remove small high spots from the mill table (from
        > nicks, etc) without removing good metal? I looked through the archives
        > last night and didn't find anything; maybe I gave up too soon.

        If you make or buy a punch with a flat end, and just break the sharp
        corner, you can use it with a small hammer to gently ease some of the
        metal back to where it came from. Then use a scraper until whatever you
        have that is flat sits properly. This is a workshop expedient method
        and isn't a substitute for other methods.

        Kevin
        --
        Kevin, NW England, UK