Re: [mill_drill] Protecting an angle plate

  • Malcolm Parker-Lisberg
    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 15, 2013
      Second that

      Malcolm

      Mene, mene, tekel, upharsin
      The writing is on the wall.
      Ha-ktovet al ha-kir

      On Mon, 7/15/13, Druid Noibn <druid_noibn@...> wrote:

      Subject: Re: [mill_drill] Protecting an angle plate
      To: "mill_drill@yahoogroups.com" <mill_drill@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, July 15, 2013, 2:36 PM

      Hi, The plastic
      sheet (magnetic) idea is nice - thanks.
       Be
      well,DBN
      From: Mike Heidrick
      <bloomingtonmike@...>
      To:
      mill_drill@yahoogroups.com

      Sent: Sunday,
      July 14, 2013 10:21 PM
      Subject: Re:
      [mill_drill] Protecting an angle plate

      Boeshield T9 orvJohnsons paste wax and a magnetic
      plastic sign sheet like foks put on cars to advertise
      with.
    • Kevin
      Message 41 of 41 , Jul 19, 2013
        d.seiter@... wrote:

        > What's the best way to remove small high spots from the mill table (from
        > nicks, etc) without removing good metal? I looked through the archives
        > last night and didn't find anything; maybe I gave up too soon.

        If you make or buy a punch with a flat end, and just break the sharp
        corner, you can use it with a small hammer to gently ease some of the
        metal back to where it came from. Then use a scraper until whatever you
        have that is flat sits properly. This is a workshop expedient method
        and isn't a substitute for other methods.

        Kevin
        --
        Kevin, NW England, UK