Re: [mill_drill] Protecting an angle plate

  • Mike Heidrick
    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 14, 2013

      Boeshield T9 orvJohnsons paste wax and a magnetic plastic sign sheet like foks put on cars to advertise with.

    • Kevin
      Message 41 of 41 , Jul 19, 2013
        d.seiter@... wrote:

        > What's the best way to remove small high spots from the mill table (from
        > nicks, etc) without removing good metal? I looked through the archives
        > last night and didn't find anything; maybe I gave up too soon.

        If you make or buy a punch with a flat end, and just break the sharp
        corner, you can use it with a small hammer to gently ease some of the
        metal back to where it came from. Then use a scraper until whatever you
        have that is flat sits properly. This is a workshop expedient method
        and isn't a substitute for other methods.

        Kevin
        --
        Kevin, NW England, UK