Re: Protecting an angle plate

  • sapperd06
    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 14, 2013
      I use Crown 3090 Tool and Die saver. excellent product. I bought a case of it at 4.11 each can. I like it MSC carries it. You can google it for more info.
      Don

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Druid Noibn <druid_noibn@...> wrote:

      >  Hi Malcolm,
      > There were many comments
      > posted on such surface protectants and a bit was published by the folks wishing
      > to protect their guns, etc...
      > I've found that Wurth
      > HHS-2000 (now HHS-K) is particularly good - it goes on as a very thin lube and
      > the volatiles boil off and the surface is left with a coating akin to way oil.
      > My experience with WD-40
      > is not great as I noticed a brownish coating after a time, one that I don't
      > care for.
      >
      > A thin oil wipe-off makes the surface ready to use - recoat for storage.
      >
      > Opinions are welcomed.
      > Be well,
      > DBN
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Kevin
      Message 41 of 41 , Jul 19, 2013
        d.seiter@... wrote:

        > What's the best way to remove small high spots from the mill table (from
        > nicks, etc) without removing good metal? I looked through the archives
        > last night and didn't find anything; maybe I gave up too soon.

        If you make or buy a punch with a flat end, and just break the sharp
        corner, you can use it with a small hammer to gently ease some of the
        metal back to where it came from. Then use a scraper until whatever you
        have that is flat sits properly. This is a workshop expedient method
        and isn't a substitute for other methods.

        Kevin
        --
        Kevin, NW England, UK