Re: Drill hole thru drill chuck

  • BarryL
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2013
      Corey,

      I have the same issue with my Albrecht chinese clone precision chucks. A centerdrill (combined drill/countersink) #4 doesn't go in as far in the clone as it does in my Albrecht chuck though they are definitely the same mechanism. I am very tempted also to use a carbide drill or endmill and at least deepen the hole since I'm not going to drill it through the integral taper. I am also convinced that there could be no downside to doing this. The problem I have is with that #4 or #5 centerdrill in there, it's double ended flutes make it tend to end up untrue in the chuck because the jaws are trying to clamp on the flutes of the back end. The deeper Albrecht doesn't have this problem.

      Barry