Re: [mill_drill] Telescoping gage per "Der Meister"

  • Carl Hollopeter
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 2, 2013
      Jerry, Vern, group etal,
         3 ton heat pump works well in Alabama. My shop is a 25’ x 50’ metal building with standard furnished insulation. The unit has no problem holding it at 78 (only while I’m in there, otherwise 84) on a 96 degree day. The roof is white so that helps also. Just got it installed this spring so won’t know about the heat function until winter. I’ll only have the heat pump as my power service (100 amp) is not enough to run heat strips with the rest of the load. Should do ok here as freezing temps are rare and don’t last long. My “justification” is the CNC mill shouldn’t run too hot LOL. It does help to maintain a relatively moderate temp, no more rust causing condensation on the machines and material.
      Carl H

      Sent: Monday, July 01, 2013 8:21 PM
      Subject: Re: [mill_drill] Telescoping gage per "Der Meister"

      On 07/01/2013 04:43 PM, Vern wrote:
      AC in the shop is a great idea.  wish i'd have thought of it a few weeks ago.  Either way, I think I'll wait until it's a nice cool 92 again...  ;)

      The humidity (and heat) is a killer indeed.

      Stay cool,
      -Vern

      I've got to finish building and get approved a item before around min-month.  Yesterday I had to stop cutting steel because the band saw motor was getting too hot and was taking forever to cool.  I finished that up first thing this morning.  Still need to do more welding and grinding as well as some lathe work.

      I will definitely take cold over hot, at least until my fingers go numb from TOO cold.

      Thursday we'll start setting up fireworks at 10:30 am in a nice open field for that night's show.  Time to take a lot of water!
      tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
      Skype:  jerrydurand