eBay - Cheap Lathe Speed Controller

  • Andy M
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2013
      GDay All,

      I came across this inexpensive controller on eBay and thought some of
      you smaller mill owners might be interested in it as a cheap Variable
      Speed alternative to a VFD/3Phase setup.

      It should handle up to 1HP motors or less.

      http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/POWER-REGULATOR-METAL-LATHE-SPEED-CONTROLLER-/370842159118

      The specs are contained in the listing but the good thing is that it
      will handle 3A @ 110v 100% Duty Cycle and 6A @ 240v 100% Duty Cycle.

      Seeing as how this is a German made component, it would seem to be of
      good quality and at ~$50.00 it could just be a winner ... lol

      Check it out :)

      --
      Regards
      Andy M
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2013
        Hello,
        Not usable if there is an internal centrifugal switch on the motor, which my lathe has.
        Goran
        Canary Islands

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 25, 2013
          GDay Goran,

          Yeah I missed that bit of info when I read through the listing, If I
          hadn't then I would not not have posted it here.

          I guess I got a little excited when I read that it handled inductive
          loads. Most of them don't.

          --
          Regards
          Andy M