Re: [mill_drill] Re: Undersized (5/8") drill bits...

  • Arthur Marks
    Message 1 of 76 , Jun 23, 2013
      J Bill, I expect Paul is confusing Chicago Pneumatic with Chicago Electric.  The former is a quality manufacturer.  The latter is Harbor Freight's attempt to leech off of the other's >100yr. quality brand name.  -Arthur

      On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Bill <bill_1955@...> wrote:

      Well GP, I looked, and it’s indeed a Chicago Electric.

      Question is….. where in China is Chicago? Says ‘made in China’ right on it…..

      Message 76 of 76 , Jun 28, 2013
        BS328 part 1 (Specification for twist drills), which is equivalent to a number of ISO standards, gives the cutting diameter of a drill as measured across the lands at the outer corners as h8. Back taper is between 0.0002mm and 0.0008mm per millimetre linear distance from the outer corner towards the shank. The total back taper not to exceed 0.25mm. Below 6.0mm back taper is not a requirement.

        I imagine that all other drill standards will be the same as, or very similar, with regards to these dimensions. Just divide by 25.4 for inch equivalents and you should be close to USA standards.

        Martin