6 " iGage w/ remote readout

  • Vern
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 12, 2013

      The dial next to the spindle down feed handle/wheel is so damaged by rust, that it's impossible to read in places.  Any tips, advice or suggestions on install of the iGage unit?

      Thanks,
      -Vern

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Guenther Paul
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 12, 2013
        If you can cansel i can save you money on the read out

        GP

        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 12, 2013
          Hi Paul,

          Unfortunately it has already shipped.  I'm hoping to purchase similar (but longer) ones for X and Y, in the near future (I.e., a few weeks).  ...should I check with you first?  I'm looking at the same iGage units, just with 12 and 24" bars...

          Thanks,
          -Vern

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 12, 2013
            GP,
               What and where please.
            Carl H

            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 12, 2013
              This is a forum member on another forum i am on. His name is David e-mail tooldoc@...  e-mail him he will save you $$$$$$$$$. He also has other measuring devices and most other shop tools.I just ordered a 3 axis system from him for about $ 90.00 he has American made cutting tools

              GP

              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 12, 2013
                Vern
                He has the same system you ordered. Check my  other message here and feel free to e-mail David tell him you got his name from Guenther. I am not affiliated with David he just don't gouge buyers

                GP

                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 12, 2013
                  I just sent an email his way.

                  Thanks for the tip, and sorry about getting your name wrong way round.
                  -Vern

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  Message 8 of 22 , Jun 12, 2013
                    Vern
                    Thats ok about my name i am used to it, the irs does it as well

                    GP

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jun 12, 2013
                      I use a longer version of one of these on a SB 10k lathe.  It was designed as a saw scale, but it mounted on the lathe easily and is very precise.  It works well. My only complaint is that the battery saver blanks the screen way too quickly.  It does not lose the position, but it's a pain to have to reach up and hit the 'On' button so often before moving the carriage.  If you get in a hurry, and twitch the button twice, it zeros out.
                      Phil R

                      Message 10 of 22 , Jun 12, 2013
                        Phil
                        If you buy a system from DRO Pros you will pay 10 times more. This is a home shop system. You may be able to over come the problem if you are good with electronics

                        GP

                        Message 11 of 22 , Jun 12, 2013
                          Phil,
                          most of the Chinese scales are still "On" and do not lose position when the display is "Off".  Additionally, some of the scales wake up when they start moving, you should do an experiment and see if that's how yours behaves.  If so, you won't have to push the buttons at all, just start working and the scales should wake and catch-up.

                          cheers,

                          Message 12 of 22 , Jun 12, 2013
                            GP,
                            True enough about the price. I just live with it.  I cannot bypass it since it's micro electronics. It's not a big problem, just part of the "product review".  Other than that, it's been great.
                            Phil R

                            Message 13 of 22 , Jun 12, 2013
                              Corey
                              Is there a way to put a 110V power pack on these things ? I would consider to do away with the batterys

                              GP

                              Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:11 PM

                              I ordered one of these for my RF-30 clone yesterday: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003JU46J4/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_175190_21431760_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

                              The dial next to the spindle down feed handle/wheel is so damaged by rust, that it's impossible to read in places.  Any tips, advice or suggestions on install of the iGage unit?

                              Thanks,
                              -Vern
                              Sent from my iPhone

                              --
                              http://coreyrenner.tumblr.com/
                            • largrin
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jun 14, 2013
                                Hey G.P., I read your reply to Vern, and it sounded like what I want.
                                So I emailed David. He got right back to me. Real nice guy.
                                I ordered the X & Y units from him using Paypal.
                                Great price.
                                Thanks for posting the info.

                                Larry in WV

                                http://larrystoys.webs.com/

                                --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

                                > This is a forum member on another forum i am on. His name is David e-mail tooldoc@...  e-mail him he will save you $$$$$$$$$. He also has other measuring devices and most other shop tools.I just ordered a 3 axis system from him for about $ 90.00 he has American made cutting tools
                                >

                                > GP

                              • Guenther Paul
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jun 14, 2013
                                  Larry
                                  No problem i am glad i could help. David has other tool as well ask him if your interested. My 3 axis DRO should be here tomorrow then i will have something else to do.

                                  GP

                                  --- In mailto:mill_drill%40yahoogroups.com, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

                                  > This is a forum member on another forum i am on. His name is David e-mail tooldoc@...  e-mail him he will save you $$$$$$$$$. He also has other measuring devices and most other shop tools.I just ordered a 3 axis system from him for about $ 90.00 he has American made cutting tools
                                  >

                                  > GP

                                • Bill
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jun 14, 2013
                                    Hey, guys.... Does Vern have a web page?
                                    Bill

                                    On 6/14/2013 12:17 PM, Guenther Paul wrote:

                                    Larry
                                    No problem i am glad i could help. David has other tool as well ask him if your interested. My 3 axis DRO should be here tomorrow then i will have something else to do.

                                    GP
                                    Hey G.P., I read your reply to Vern, and it sounded like what I want.
                                    So I emailed David. He got right back to me. Real nice guy.
                                    I ordered the X & Y units from him using Paypal.
                                    Great price.
                                    Thanks for posting the info.

                                    Larry in WV

                                    http://larrystoys.webs.com/

                                    --- In mailto:mill_drill%40yahoogroups.com, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

                                    > This is a forum member on another forum i am on. His name is David e-mail tooldoc@...  e-mail him he will save you $$$$$$$$$. He also has other measuring devices and most other shop tools.I just ordered a 3 axis system from him for about $ 90.00 he has American made cutting tools
                                    >

                                    > GP

                                  • Vern
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jun 14, 2013
                                      Bill,

                                      No web page yet.  Are you Perhaps confusing me with Guenther's friend David?  He's the fellow with a good price on iGaging DRO ...

                                      Regards,
                                      -Vern

                                      Sent from my iPhone

                                      On Jun 14, 2013, at 12:32 PM, Bill <NPWBill@...> wrote:

                                      Hey, guys.... Does Vern have a web page?
                                      Bill

                                      On 6/14/2013 12:17 PM, Guenther Paul wrote:

                                      Larry
                                      No problem i am glad i could help. David has other tool as well ask him if your interested. My 3 axis DRO should be here tomorrow then i will have something else to do.

                                      GP
                                      Hey G.P., I read your reply to Vern, and it sounded like what I want.
                                      So I emailed David. He got right back to me. Real nice guy.
                                      I ordered the X & Y units from him using Paypal.
                                      Great price.
                                      Thanks for posting the info.

                                      Larry in WV

                                      http://larrystoys.webs.com/

                                      --- In mailto:mill_drill%40yahoogroups.com, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

                                      > This is a forum member on another forum i am on. His name is David e-mail tooldoc@...  e-mail him he will save you $$$$$$$$$. He also has other measuring devices and most other shop tools.I just ordered a 3 axis system from him for about $ 90.00 he has American made cutting tools
                                      >

                                      > GP

                                    • Guenther Paul
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jun 14, 2013
                                        The DRO sellers name is David
                                        As far as i know he does not have a web page he also has lots of other tools. His e-mail:   tooldoc@...
                                        if you need something feel free to e-mail him he will get you up to speed and has good prices

                                        GP

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jun 14, 2013
                                          David seems to be an ok guy, and I'm hoping to order a set for the X and Y from him next week.  He also has drill bits (short)...something I also want/need.

                                          The 6" DRO for the Z-axis mounted to my RF-30 clone, so quickly that I was up and running In just a few minutes...

                                          -V

                                          Sent from my iPhone

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jun 15, 2013
                                            On 6/14/2013 1:06 PM, Vern wrote:

                                            Bill,

                                            No web page yet.  Are you Perhaps confusing me with Guenther's friend David?  He's the fellow with a good price on iGaging DRO ...

                                            Regards,
                                            -Vern
                                            My mistake, and thanks!!
                                          • largrin
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Jun 17, 2013
                                              I received my new iGage scales today. David shipped them real fast, and they arrived in good packaging and in perfect condition.

                                              I have 2 strong teenage boys that owe me some money and some labor,
                                              so we are cleaning and doing some rearranging in my shop.
                                              I cant even get to the milling machine, so it will be a few days before I can install them.

                                              David is a straight up guy, and my dealings with him are very satisfactory.

                                              Larry in WV

                                              http://larrystoys.webs.com/

                                              --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "largrin" <LarGrin@...> wrote:

                                              > Hey G.P., I read your reply to Vern, and it sounded like what I want.
                                              > So I emailed David. He got right back to me. Real nice guy.
                                              > I ordered the X & Y units from him using Paypal.
                                              > Great price.
                                              > Thanks for posting the info.
                                              >
                                              > Larry in WV
                                              >
                                              > http://larrystoys.webs.com/
                                              >

                                              > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@> wrote:
                                              > >
                                              > > This is a forum member on another forum i am on. His name is David e-mail tooldoc@  e-mail him he will save you $$$$$$$$$. He also has other measuring devices and most other shop tools.I just ordered a 3 axis system from him for about $ 90.00 he has American made cutting tools
                                              > >

                                              > > GP

                                            • Guenther Paul
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Jun 17, 2013
                                                received Saturday just like David promised. It will be a few days before mine are installed.
                                                I will buy from David again. He is a good seller

                                                GP