Re: [mill_drill] RF-45 clone mill setup

  • Guenther Paul
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2013
    Craig
    You need to make one like on the attachment i am sending for the Z. If you make the arm where it indicates hole for dial indicator longer you will be able to mount more items. I will have a LED light and a spot for coolant

    GP

    Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2013

      GP:

      Your yoke drawing is excellent.  It won’t work for me since my switch box on the left side of the gearbox head is in the way.  I am making an assembly to mount on the front, and I will remove the crude depth gage and stop.  My assembly is a little complicated to describe, but it consists of a rigid mounting bracket carrying both the scale and a small precision ball-bearing slide to which the sliding head is attached.  This whole assembly is about 50x50mm in cross section and as long as the scale, and it fits on the front, between the gear shift knobs.  I will post pictures when it is complete.

      Craig

      [Attachment(s) from Guenther Paul included below]