Possible CNC work for someone

  • Jerry Durand
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2013
      A customer of ours just got a quote on getting some more enclosure
      panels milled from the shop he used before. They came back with a quote
      that was past ridiculous and was all the way up to "Are you *&^%@!
      kidding me?!?!"

      So, my RF mill isn't CNC and my small CNC and the 3D printer are all too
      small for this.

      He's going to need something on the order of 25+ panels made from 3/16"
      black ABS (one side textured, standard stuff). He may simply go for a
      full 4 x 8 foot sheet worth, but doesn't really need that many right now.

      Panels are about about 12-1/4" x 4" with a few jogs in the outline, a
      cutout, a strip milled flat for a label, and some screw holes with
      square countersink. Probably do the whole thing with a single end mill
      if you don't have a changer.

      So, if you'd like to pick up some work to show your spouse you make more
      than toys, contact me privately.

      People in all countries are welcome to work on this, but delivery
      address will be California, USA so that could be a problem for some.

      tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
      Skype: jerrydurand
    • Jerome Kimberlin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2013
        Friend of mine's son, who is an experienced CNC guy just got a Hurco -
        probably 15 hp. Just getting it set up and might be looking for work.
        Should I send him to you? I think he is located around Livermore (or
        close). Hit me off list and I can just copy your message off and over to
        him, if you like.

        JerryK