Re: [mill_drill] Rescued Rutland Tools Mill Drill

  • Vern
    Message 1 of 22 , May 24 6:06 PM
      The mill-drill has new life now with the single phase compressor motor.  I pulled the motor apart, spliced in some jumpers, connected them to the original 'Forward-Reverse' switch, and use a set of small electrical breakers as on-off switch.  It's not perfect, but will do until I can locate a three phase motor, and save up enough nickels to buy a VFD...

      The old girl has forward, reverse, some limited speed variability.  When my collets and end mills arrive, I'll whittle on a cast block of aluminum to check out the rest...

      -Vern

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 17, 2013, at 5:32 PM, "Starlight Tool Services Ltd" <starlight_tools@...> wrote:

      I use reverse on my mill regularly.  Left hand drill bits, fly cutter, etc

      Be careful about leaving that feature out.

      Walter