Re: Anyone in the group own an X3 bench top mill?

  • millplans
    Message 1 of 8 , May 23, 2013
      Jim, Andy thanks,

      I would like to know the major diameter, the minor diameter of the spindle spline and the number of slots. I want to make a wrench for the X3s. I will send you an X3 spline wrench (when I get a couple made) for your trouble. Thanks in advance,

      Ron

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Hendricks" <jimi@...> wrote:

      > I have an SX3 too if that will help...depending on the questions you have.
      >
      > Jimi
      >
      > _____

    • Guenther Paul
      Message 2 of 8 , May 24, 2013
        I made mine for my big red.

        GP

        I would like to know the major diameter, the minor diameter of the spindle spline and the number of slots. I want to make a wrench for the X3s. I will send you an X3 spline wrench (when I get a couple made) for your trouble. Thanks in advance,

        Ron

        --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Hendricks" <jimi@...> wrote:

        > I have an SX3 too if that will help...depending on the questions you have.
        >
        > Jimi
        >
        > _____

      • Jim Hendricks
        Message 3 of 8 , May 24, 2013
          Hi Ron

          The OD is 24.5mm and the spline ID is 20.4 mm.

          I'm not sure if the X3 is the same as the SX3 but I think it would be.

          You don't need to send me a wrench...it was a simple task...and the postage to the UK would be very high!

          Hope this helps

          Jimi

          href="mailto:mill_drill%40yahoogroups.com" rel=nofollow target=_blank ymailto="mailto:mill_drill%40yahoogroups.com">mill_drill@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mill_drill@yahoogroups.com] On

          Subject: Re: [mill_drill] Anyone in the group own an X3 bench top mill?

          > GDay millplans,
          >
          > Ron I have
          a friend with an SX3, maybe I can get him to answer your
          > questions and
          relay those to you if that is any help to you.

          > --

          Regards

          Message 4 of 8 , May 24, 2013
            The us postal service would be the cheapest but it will take some time. I send letters 1st class mail to Brisbane it took 2 weeks from michigan,us
            I made my wrench for my big red
            GP

            I would like to know the major diameter, the minor diameter of the spindle spline and the number of slots. I want to make a wrench for the X3s. I will send you an X3 spline wrench (when I get a couple made) for your trouble. Thanks in advance,

            Ron

            --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Hendricks" <jimi@...> wrote:

            > I have an SX3 too if that will help...depending on the questions you have.
            >
            > Jimi
            >
            > _____

          • Carl Hollopeter
            Message 5 of 8 , May 24, 2013
              Millplans,
                 There is also an X3 yahoo group, probably someone there could help. Just click on“visit your group” at the bottom of this page, then to the upper right and click on “search for groups”.
              Carl H