Re: [mill_drill] Re: Product Announcement – 28mm drill/mill spindle spli ne wrench

  • Andy M
    Message 1 of 12 , May 22, 2013
      GDay millplans,

      Ron, your eBay listing says that you only ship to the US, would you be
      willing to ship to Brisbane, Australia?

      I have an RF-45 that this wrench would fit nicely ;)

      --
      Regards
      Andy M

      millplans wrote:
      > Hi Larry,
      >
      > The wrenches are the same except that the 14.95 wrench has our company
      > name and the wrench sizes laser engraved on it and it is packaged. We
      > are getting this product ready for marketing to distributors. The
      > un-engraved wrenches were some extra parts that didn't get engraved and
      > I thought I would make them available.
      >
      > They are all the same quality and the same material.
      >
      > Ron
    • largrin
      Message 2 of 12 , May 22, 2013
        Ok.
        I ordered the cheaper one.

        Larry

        --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "millplans" <millplans@...> wrote:

        > Hi Larry,
        >
        > The wrenches are the same except that the 14.95 wrench has our company name and the wrench sizes laser engraved on it and it is packaged. We are getting this product ready for marketing to distributors. The un-engraved wrenches were some extra parts that didn't get engraved and I thought I would make them available.
        >
        > They are all the same quality and the same material.
        >
        > Ron

      • Craig E. Johnston
        Message 3 of 12 , May 27, 2013

          Ron:

          Was out of town on business and just measured my Sabre RF-45 clone, so I didn’t get an order in on time –the ebay site shows the available quantity as zero.  Will you have more available?  If they are planned for within the next month or so, I will place on order on faith.  Please let me know.

          Craig J.

          Message 4 of 12 , May 28, 2013
            Hi Craig and Group,

            I have relisted the 28mm spline wrench for drill/mill machines on ebay for $9.99.
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spline-Wrench-For-Holding-Spindle-On-Chinese-Drill-Mill-Machines-drawbar-adjust-/261222633547?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd215104b

            Thanks for your interest.

            Ron

            --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Craig E. Johnston" <k7cej@...> wrote:

            > Ron:
            >
            > Was out of town on business and just measured my Sabre RF-45 clone, so I
            > didn't get an order in on time -the ebay site shows the available quantity
            > as zero. Will you have more available? If they are planned for within the
            > next month or so, I will place on order on faith. Please let me know.
            >
            > Craig J.

          • Druid Noibn
            Message 5 of 12 , May 28, 2013
              Hi Ron,

              Nice wrench - do "we" trust a fellow with clean nails? <SMILE>

              Maybe I need a spare wrench....

              Be well,
              DBN

              I have relisted the 28mm spline wrench for drill/mill machines on ebay for $9.99.
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spline-Wrench-For-Holding-Spindle-On-Chinese-Drill-Mill-Machines-drawbar-adjust-/261222633547?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd215104b

              Thanks for your interest.

              Ron

              --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Craig E. Johnston" <k7cej@...> wrote:

              > Ron:
              >
              > Was out of town on business and just measured my Sabre RF-45 clone, so I
              > didn't get an order in on time -the ebay site shows the available quantity
              > as zero. Will you have more available? If they are planned for within the
              > next month or so, I will place on order on faith. Please let me know.
              >
              > Craig J.

            • largrin
              Message 6 of 12 , May 28, 2013
                Yep. You can trust him. I bought the wrench, and it fits the splined shaft very well.
                He also ships it very fast.

                One thing I didn't see coming due to my own oversight. When the spindle is all the way up on my 33686, the splined shaft is not clear of the belt shroud. So I have to tip the new spline wrench a bit to use it. This is not a problem with the wrench. The wrench works fine.
                I intend to heat it and bend a Z into it so it drops down into the shroud.
                Since the only use it will ever get is low torque, it wont really hurt it.

                I do recommend this tool. It works. Very innovative.
                Well done, Ron.

                Larry in WV

                --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Druid Noibn <druid_noibn@...> wrote:

                > Hi Ron,
                >
                > Nice wrench - do "we" trust a fellow with clean nails? <SMILE>
                >
                > Maybe I need a spare wrench....
                >
                > Be well,
                > DBN

              • Druid Noibn
                Message 7 of 12 , May 28, 2013
                  Hi,

                  No problem - my system has easy access.  THANKS!

                  Be well,
                  DBN