Re: Here may be a Mill of Interest

  • jdkmlw
    Message 1 of 9 , May 21, 2013
      Paul, (hope that's your first name)
      Thank you very much for the offer, but I'll have to decline.

      That's kind of far to drive for that, I'd have to borrow or rent a vehicle to transport it, I only have a car and it doesn't have a hitch for a trailer, and adding the price of gas it most likely would come out to the same price (or close to it) as having it shipped.

      It does look like a decent tool for the price, even a low end floor model drill press would sell for that (maybe more).
      I hope someone that can use it is able to get it, would be a shame to see it go to scrap.
      I'll keep watching closer to my area for deals

      Thanks again
      John

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

      > JD
      > That would be a 10 Hour drive if you like i can go look at the mill for you and
      > see what condition it is in. You know pictures don't always show what you need
      > to see. Maby i can get some money of the asking price if i show him cash.
      >
      > Let me know asap and i will call about it the mill is about a 30 min drive north
      > of me.
      >
      >  GP

    • Guenther Paul
      Message 2 of 9 , May 22, 2013
        John
        I was thinking after looking at the photo and enlarging it if some one would take the head from a big read and mount it on that mill it would be a big improvement. I believe it can be done with a lot of work. I don't belief the mill on craigslist weighs over 1000 pounds. I have ship with National Freight Shippers close to your area at a reasonable cost
        You can call them and check the shipping price ask for Shawn 855-5854537  they open at 9am

        GP