TWS hand wheels?

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 6 , May 19, 2013
      When I got my TWS years ago, it came with only one hand wheel, and at the time I searched everywhere to find two more. I was looking at epay item 251277609423, just now, and saw that it's hand wheels have the same same (or similar) interface. It's an old Central Machinery unit. I did some checking and it looks like the Rong Fu's are similar too. I could have sworn that eight years ago or so they were all different.

      So the big question is, where does one get these puppies? I've looked at HF, Grainger, McMaster-Carr, Enco, and have yet to see any with tri-lobed interfaces. (I think my lobes may be longer than the CM version, and who knows if the shaft is the same size).

      -Dave
    • philr_77378
      Message 2 of 6 , May 20, 2013
        For handwheels, Reid Supply has a good selection.    By the way, what's a TWS?

        http://www.reidsupply.com/products/knobs-handles-hand-wheels/hand-wheels/

        When I got my TWS years ago, it came with only one hand wheel, and at the time I searched everywhere to find two more. I was looking at epay item 251277609423, just now, and saw that it's hand wheels have the same same (or similar) interface. It's an old Central Machinery unit. I did some checking and it looks like the Rong Fu's are similar too. I could have sworn that eight years ago or so they were all different.

        So the big question is, where does one get these puppies? I've looked at HF, Grainger, McMaster-Carr, Enco, and have yet to see any with tri-lobed interfaces. (I think my lobes may be longer than the CM version, and who knows if the shaft is the same size).

        -Dave

      • componenx
        Message 3 of 6 , May 20, 2013
          Trans world steel- made mill-drills in the late 70's very similar to the CM/RF, but the quill depth gage is a threaded rod with a flat side scale instead of a pointer with a fixed scale- yeah it's late and that wasn't a very good description..

          -Dave

          For handwheels, Reid Supply has a good selection.    By the way, what's a TWS?

          http://www.reidsupply.com/products/knobs-handles-hand-wheels/hand-wheels/

          When I got my TWS years ago, it came with only one hand wheel, and at the time I searched everywhere to find two more. I was looking at epay item 251277609423, just now, and saw that it's hand wheels have the same same (or similar) interface. It's an old Central Machinery unit. I did some checking and it looks like the Rong Fu's are similar too. I could have sworn that eight years ago or so they were all different.

          So the big question is, where does one get these puppies? I've looked at HF, Grainger, McMaster-Carr, Enco, and have yet to see any with tri-lobed interfaces. (I think my lobes may be longer than the CM version, and who knows if the shaft is the same size).

          -Dave

        • rogers92026
          Message 4 of 6 , May 20, 2013
            If you can't find the handles with the three cogs at the base(like on the RF), then you have two easy options: make an adapter or call up tech support from any company that sells the Rong Fu or clones. Tech support can order the parts for you. In some cases on really high volume parts they sometimes have US stock. Otherwise they'll order it from China. I've bought a few parts from Harbor Fright and, while it took a while, I eventually got what I wanted and I thought the price was very good. I don't have experience buying from others selling the RF, but I suspect that they could get you the hand wheels as well. Just give them a telephone call and have the cross-referenced part number handy.

            --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, d.seiter@... wrote:

            > Trans world steel- made mill-drills in the late 70's very similar to the CM/RF, but the quill depth gage is a threaded rod with a flat side scale instead of a pointer with a fixed scale- yeah it's late and that wasn't a very good description..
            >

            > -Dave

          • Curt Wuollet
            Message 5 of 6 , May 20, 2013
              Last time i checked Grizzly has handwheels too.

              cww

              rogers92026 wrote:

              > If you can't find the handles with the three cogs at the base(like on
              > the RF), then you have two easy options: make an adapter or call up
              > tech support from any company that sells the Rong Fu or clones. Tech
              > support can order the parts for you. In some cases on really high
              > volume parts they sometimes have US stock. Otherwise they'll order it
              > from China. I've bought a few parts from Harbor Fright and, while it
              > took a while, I eventually got what I wanted and I thought the price
              > was very good. I don't have experience buying from others selling the
              > RF, but I suspect that they could get you the hand wheels as well.
              > Just give them a telephone call and have the cross-referenced part
              > number handy.
              >
              > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:mill_drill%40yahoogroups.com>, d.seiter@... wrote:
              > >
              > > Trans world steel- made mill-drills in the late 70's very similar to
              > the CM/RF, but the quill depth gage is a threaded rod with a flat side
              > scale instead of a pointer with a fixed scale- yeah it's late and that
              > wasn't a very good description..
              > >

              > > -Dave

            • Dgarriott
              Message 6 of 6 , May 21, 2013
                Mill and drill handwheel

                This has a 3 "dogs" to interlock with the leadscrew hub, 17mm bore...
                WT  has 10% off this week also:
                10% off

                Don