Re: [mill_drill] Re: Ball screw kit?

  • Lynn Kasdorf
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 29, 2013
      At Cabin Fever expo I met a fellow who pointed out a very interesting
      fact. If you look up ball screws at McMaster Carr, you will see
      something unusual about the pricing. They have rolled ball screws with
      .004" per foot accuracy in various sizes.
      3/8: $31.45/ft
      1/2: $41.80/ft
      5/8: $19.11/ft
      3/4: $27.56/ft

      http://www.mcmaster.com/#ball-screws/=mjbnnb

      Notice the low price on the 5/8 screws! He told me that General Motors
      buys this 5/8 screw stock in huge quantities, and that ends up driving
      the price down on that size.

      FYI

      Lynn Kasdorf