Re: Ball screw kit?

  • largrin
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 29 1:22 PM
      Thank you Gene.

      Larry

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "internal_fire" <gefuller5@...> wrote:

      > Larry,
      >
      > I ordered the Nook screws and nuts through Kaman Industrial, a large national distributor with a location near me. (Most manufacturers won't deal directly with end customers for small orders.)
      >
      > The transaction was fine, but I cannot say I have a "preferred" vendor, since that is the only time I ever ordered ball screws.
      >
      > My general preferred vendor is McMaster-Carr, but they do not carry the Nook brand.
      >
      > Gene
      >
      > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "largrin" <LarGrin@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Thanks Gene.
      > > I looked at some of the Nook parts after I read your post.
      > > They look good.
      > > Do you have a preferred vendor?
      > >
      > > Larry

    • Lynn Kasdorf
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 29 2:42 PM
        At Cabin Fever expo I met a fellow who pointed out a very interesting
        fact. If you look up ball screws at McMaster Carr, you will see
        something unusual about the pricing. They have rolled ball screws with
        .004" per foot accuracy in various sizes.
        3/8: $31.45/ft
        1/2: $41.80/ft
        5/8: $19.11/ft
        3/4: $27.56/ft

        http://www.mcmaster.com/#ball-screws/=mjbnnb

        Notice the low price on the 5/8 screws! He told me that General Motors
        buys this 5/8 screw stock in huge quantities, and that ends up driving
        the price down on that size.

        FYI

        Lynn Kasdorf