Re: Enco Rong Fu sale mill/drill

  • Michael Parrish
    Message 1 of 57 , Apr 9, 2013
      I used my tractor and a 3-point hoist.
      http://www.accuratepower.com/pics/JFC453.jpg
      http://www.accuratepower.com/pics/JFC457.jpg
      It was easy. That will get you off the trailer and in the door. As far as going to the 2nd floor you'll have to be pretty creative to avoid disassembly. Good luck and be careful, Mike

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "CS Mo" <cs@...> wrote:

      > I owned one of those many years ago - it is a very nice small mill, the only real downside is the spindle travel is only 3", but you can overcome that with the knee travel.
      >
      > If I remember correctly, I moved it by taking the head/pulley assembly off of the main casting (can't remember if it is held on with two or four bolts), using an engine hoist, put that on a dolly, then used the engine hoist to take the knee and main casting off the stand and onto a dolly. Once the head assembly is off, the two pieces are pretty manageable.
      >
      > If you have an engine hoist, it is an easy move with a pickup truck.
      >
      > --CS
      >
      > >I had made the decision to order the Rong Fu mill. I had credit card in
      > >hand and was about to make the call when I realized that the sale lasted
      > >through April. I decided to look a little longer and put off ordering
      > >until the last day of the sale. Well something came up on Craigs list
      > >and today I put money down on a Grizzly model G0729 which has the power
      > >feed table. It is located only about 20 minutes from my house. I should
      > >pick it up this weekend. It should be a challenge getting it loaded on a
      > >trailer or pickup and home into my garage. Does anyone know if these are
      > >easily broken down into slightly smaller parts?
      > >
      > >I am anxious to get it but not move it. The person that owns it showed
      > >me a hole in the vertical column and said the way it was moved it was to
      > >put a steel bar through the hole and attach a sling and move it with an
      > >engine cherry picker. Has anyone done this? I am open for suggestions.
      > >Thanks for all the feedback on my original question. I hope I have made
      > >a good decision.
      > >
      > >David Van Mill / nomous69

    • Frank
      Message 57 of 57 , Apr 11, 2013
        Well if you ever want to rent out your nephews, let me know. All I have is a 16 year old son, pretty dang smart but just getting into his growth...

        Frank S.