Re: Central Texas Tools

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2013
      I never saw that one before. I hope there is always a place for shops like that, and I love being in and around places like that and better yet people like that. Unfortunately my own company would not do business with them, they would never pass the safety standards, I did not see a pair of safety glasses, althouh I might have missed them somewhere.

      Still, although you really learn a lot from the experienced guys, I hope that is not the only education for the youngest guy. He needs to understand the business side of things, technology and tooling changes, all that. Otherwise he could quickly find himself with a shut-down business and no (documented) qualifications to work anywhere else.

      I would love to spend a week of vacation, hell, a month, working for those guys. Maybe that is an idea for a new business - "Dude Machine Shops" instead of dude ranches.

      They would have to at least branch out to coca cola in the cooler, though, I don't do Dr. Pepper!

      Frank
      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Druid Noibn <druid_noibn@...> wrote:

      > Hi Jerry,
      >
      > Saw it before - LOVED seeing it again - Thanks!
      >
      > Take care,
      > DBN

    • Druid Noibn
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9, 2013
        Hi Frank,

        Hmmm "Dude Machine Shops" - instead of a sore butt we get bruised (pick a spot) - but we are set up for our clothing.  Maybe a special cap and apron.  I can see after a long day in the shop the team gets together for dinner, a Coke, or Dr. Pepper <smile> and plan out the next turning...within minutes the team is head back to the shop

        I like the idea - maybe some of our local schools shut-down their shops a bit too soon.

        Be well,
        DBN