RE: [mill_drill] oil question

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 6 6:35 PM

      I’m only 21….(and a few months)

      ….but I remember Dexron transmission fluid….the original Dexron, as in Dexron ONE. Derived from whale blubber. Had to be better than eatin’ it….

      It had to go away in the late 60’s, or maybe early 70’s…. somewhere in there…. It was EPA’d & endangered specied to death. Caused some problems I can tell ya….. due to changes in the coefficient of friction between Dexron I & Dexron II….

      What are we up to now….Dexron 6? Think so….unless I missed one…. J

      I hate to imagine how much Hoppe’s #9 oil I have here & there….shop & in the house somewhere….but I will have to try some Gunzilla regardless. I’ve read good things about it…

      Bill

      From: Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...>
      To: mill_drill@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, April 6, 2013, 8:24 PM

      DBN

      Lubricants have bean a big topic on most all forums and groups i be long to. Just keep in mind most lubricants talked about bean around for eons a lot of new products are on the market that perform better as all others ever did.

      i use straight synthetic motor oil on my machines with excellent luck. My truck has 250000 miles on it don't burn a drop of oil with the original engine.

      As far as my fire arms i use Gunzilla oil try that and then let my hear your results

      GP

      From: Bill <bill_1955@...>
      To: mill_drill@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, April 6, 2013, 7:53 PM

      Sticky? How sticky?

      Sticky is notso good on firearms…. At least when you’re playing with modified improved actions….

      Bill

      From: Bill <bill_1955@...>
      To: mill_drill@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, April 6, 2013, 6:39 PM

      Hoppe’s has solvents (alcohol & xylene) in it to penetrate, with the oils….. of which are ‘secret’ . No matter…it is good stuff….

      California has also determined…..that mother’s milk causes cancer…..

      Message 2 of 23 , Apr 7 4:23 AM
        Synthetics are wounder full lubricants and work great.The friction between surfaces is greatly reduced.
        As far as going 25000 miles between oil changes is a no no. I totally change oil every 6000 miles and every 3000 i change filters. I use my vehicles to the end always have but maintain them well.
        Gunzilla oil i fund at a gun show the seller bragged it up and said it was developed for the armed forces for wet conditions.I tryed it and liked it. After it is applied is is not sticky and oily. Bean using it for a few years now.
        Here is a link you can read about it.  www.topduckproducts.com

        Message 3 of 23 , Apr 7 8:49 AM
          On 04/07/2013 04:23 AM, Guenther Paul wrote:
          Here is a link you can read about it.  www.topduckproducts.com
          GP

          The web site is down for an oil change.
          tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
          Skype:  jerrydurand

        • Guenther Paul
          Message 4 of 23 , Apr 7 8:53 AM
            Jerry
            I guess so , all things need to get slicked up

            GP

            --   Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.  www.interstellar.com  tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886  Skype:  jerrydurand