Hoo needs one

  • Guenther P
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 2, 2013
    • philr_77378
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 2, 2013
        Looks like a rare deal to me.  Why are they always 1500 mi away?

          You want me to help you get the drill/mill. I am a 2 1/2 hour drive away from it. i will see to it gets shipped properly

          GP

          Looks like a rare deal to me.  Why are they always 1500 mi away?

            Sincere thanks for the offer. Already have a BP, lathe, surface grinder, and giant CNC bench mill crammed into my 17 x 21 ft garage.  Would have jumped on it a few years ago.  I have the same DRO as the mill on craigslist on my BP, and it is sweet, especially with the magnetic scale.
            Phil R

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 2, 2013
                It would be for sure.  But my wife won't let me have one in the house.  That deal does not look like it will last long.  Here's something fairly typical on our Craigslist (Houston Tx). Not to useful unless you make model or sewing machine parts.

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 2, 2013
                  I see what you mean. I would buy it but i just bought a big red just like new but its not near the machine this is. Now you see how it is in Michigan i got big red, a floor model drill press, a 8" table top drill press and a belt sander with a 1"x36" belt all for $ 250.00.
                  2 weeks later a bought a 16" with a 7' bed South Bend lathe for $300.00 the lathe is exelent, needs paint and a good
                  cleaning
                  GP

                  It would be for sure.  But my wife won't let me have one in the house.  That deal does not look like it will last long.  Here's something fairly typical on our Craigslist (Houston Tx). Not to useful unless you make model or sewing machine parts.

                  Sincere thanks for the offer. Already have a BP, lathe, surface grinder, and giant CNC bench mill crammed into my 17 x 21 ft garage.  Would have jumped on it a few years ago.  I have the same DRO as the mill on craigslist on my BP, and it is sweet, especially with the magnetic scale.
                  Phil R

                  You want me to help you get the drill/mill. I am a 2 1/2 hour drive away from it. i will see to it gets shipped properly

                  GP

                  Looks like a rare deal to me.  Why are they always 1500 mi away?

                    Heck, that's nothing, we regularly get 5' NOS heavy 10's in the original crate with taper attachments for $149!

                    --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

                    > I see what you mean. I would buy it but i just bought a big red just like new
                    > but its not near the machine this is. Now you see how it is in Michigan i got
                    > big red, a floor model drill press, a 8" table top drill press and a belt sander
                    > with a 1"x36" belt all for $ 250.00.
                    > 2 weeks later a bought a 16" with a 7' bed South Bend lathe for $300.00 the
                    > lathe is exelent, needs paint and a good
                    > cleaning GP

                  • philr_77378
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 3, 2013
                      Ya'll need to blow the chips out of your keyboards before you miss a decimal point that matters.

                      Heck, that's nothing, we regularly get 5' NOS heavy 10's in the original crate with taper attachments for $149!

                      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

                      > I see what you mean. I would buy it but i just bought a big red just like new
                      > but its not near the machine this is. Now you see how it is in Michigan i got
                      > big red, a floor model drill press, a 8" table top drill press and a belt sander
                      > with a 1"x36" belt all for $ 250.00.
                      > 2 weeks later a bought a 16" with a 7' bed South Bend lathe for $300.00 the
                      > lathe is exelent, needs paint and a good
                      > cleaning GP

                    • Druid Noibn
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 3, 2013

                        Hi,

                        Who is "we" and where do 'we" live - I plan on moving....

                        Be well,
                        DBN

                        Heck, that's nothing, we regularly get 5' NOS heavy 10's in the original crate with taper attachments for $149!

                        --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

                        > I see what you mean. I would buy it but i just bought a big red just like new
                        > but its not near the machine this is. Now you see how it is in Michigan i got
                        > big red, a floor model drill press, a 8" table top drill press and a belt sander
                        > with a 1"x36" belt all for $ 250.00.
                        > 2 weeks later a bought a 16" with a 7' bed South Bend lathe for $300.00 the
                        > lathe is exelent, needs paint and a good
                        > cleaning GP

                      • Guenther Paul
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 3, 2013
                          I like to know where you find heavy 10's for $149.00
                          GP

                          Heck, that's nothing, we regularly get 5' NOS heavy 10's in the original crate with taper attachments for $149!

                          --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

                          > I see what you mean. I would buy it but i just bought a big red just like new
                          > but its not near the machine this is. Now you see how it is in Michigan i got
                          > big red, a floor model drill press, a 8" table top drill press and a belt sander
                          > with a 1"x36" belt all for $ 250.00.
                          > 2 weeks later a bought a 16" with a 7' bed South Bend lathe for $300.00 the
                          > lathe is exelent, needs paint and a good
                          > cleaning GP

                        • Guenther Paul
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 3, 2013
                            Den