Re: [mill_drill] Re: making the spouse happy

  • philr_77378
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 25, 2013

      Like that wooden handle "Cooks Knife".  I have a stainless version from "Ecko" made in USA in the early - mid "70s".
      They call it a "French Cook", and it's still a favorite grab from my drawer after all these years.  The "French" version has a more triangler pointy tip than the knife in your link, but whats critical for both is the knuckle clearance and the constant curve of the blade, allowing complete contact with the cutting board as you roll the knife through the cut.  The pointy French version may have advantages when processing poultry.   Do wood handles still pass most inspections, if used in a city or county regulated kitchen?  It's been more than 20 years since I cooked in a restaurant, but I think I remember the health inspectors not liking wooden handles on the utensils since they were more prone to housing bacteria.  That must be why there are two versions on that site.  Thanks for the link.
      Phil R