Re: [mill_drill] Big Red Cuck dont come out

  • Carl Hollopeter
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 25, 2013
      GP’
         Get a short 10 mm x 1.5 bolt, a socket head would probably be ideal, if not get a Phillips head. Turn or file or grind the head to slightly smaller than the diameter of the small end of the arbor and screw it in the end. Now when the arbor is seated the bolt head will be protruding up into the slot and your wedge should work fine from now on.
      Carl H

      Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 3:43 PM
      Subject: Re: [mill_drill] Big Red Cuck dont come out

      I was in a hurry sorry. I did get the chuck  out of the arbor after all of this. The chuck arbor did not have a tang at all. It was taped out to a 10 mm x 1.5 thread. I guess i have to buy a tang stile arbor. I took a 1/4 piece of flat stock filed a knob on it the with of the tang and laid it on top of the arbor in the spindle. The drift wedge took it right out, i am all set.  I just bought big red about 4 weeks ago and have not messed with it.
      GP

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 25, 2013
        Thanks Carl
        I was thinking the same way. A bolt is a lot cheaper as a new chuck arbor

        Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 3:43 PM