Re: [mill_drill] Big Red Cuck dont come out

  • Guenther Paul
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 25, 2013
      I called Grizzly for some other parts and asked about the G0517 was told the that machine came with a 12 mm draw bar. The G0517 is the same as big red as far as i can tell , there is no way one could use a 12 mm draw bar on big red
      Looking at a dimensional drawing of the spindle of G0517 it is just like big  red except its the Grizzly version

      GP

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 25, 2013
        GP’
           Get a short 10 mm x 1.5 bolt, a socket head would probably be ideal, if not get a Phillips head. Turn or file or grind the head to slightly smaller than the diameter of the small end of the arbor and screw it in the end. Now when the arbor is seated the bolt head will be protruding up into the slot and your wedge should work fine from now on.
        Carl H

        Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 3:43 PM

        I was in a hurry sorry. I did get the chuck  out of the arbor after all of this. The chuck arbor did not have a tang at all. It was taped out to a 10 mm x 1.5 thread. I guess i have to buy a tang stile arbor. I took a 1/4 piece of flat stock filed a knob on it the with of the tang and laid it on top of the arbor in the spindle. The drift wedge took it right out, i am all set.  I just bought big red about 4 weeks ago and have not messed with it.
        GP

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 25, 2013
          Thanks Carl
          I was thinking the same way. A bolt is a lot cheaper as a new chuck arbor

          Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 3:43 PM