Re: [mill_drill] mill/lathe combo?

  • olds7d442
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 23, 2013
      Arthur,

      Thanks for the video.

      Frank

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Arthur Marks <arthur.marks@...>
      To: mill_drill <mill_drill@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sat, Mar 23, 2013 5:50 pm
      Subject: Re: [mill_drill] mill/lathe combo?

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mhT1a28qO0
      Here's the best explanation of use I can find on this topic. The
      Travers machine manual is... not much ;) Interestingly, unless the
      work is mounted on a larger vise or set-up fixture, mostly all the
      vertical operations are drilling. In one instance, @1:55, they use a
      step block. I guess they expect you to use that. My only other
      suggestion is - why can't you mount the milling cutter in the "lathe"
      spindle? Use the machine like a horizontal mill. That will get you
      close to the vise. -Arthur