Re: [mill_drill] Boring head?

  • rwc24908
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 15, 2013

      The secret at Enco is to wait for their sale catalog. They frequently have 50% off sales, which would put the boring head in the right ball park.   After they were bought by MSC their prices seemed to creep up. That price at Little Machine Shop isn't bad, if you need the boring bars. I've had good luck with CDCO, but others have not.  Discount Machine has also been good to me.  I'm sold on e-bay; I've never had a bad experience with them.

      Wow! prices have sure changed. That boring head is up to $131.31, that's over double what you paid only 3 years ago. http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=328-0184

      I better make a decision quick, thanks for the info.

      Frank

      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 15, 2013
        My bifocals like more graduations..... it's a lot easier for me.

        My lathe has non direct dials....not much matter anymore. I installed a DRO years ago.

        :)

        To: mill_drill@yahoogroups.com
        From: gefuller5@...
        Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 17:22:59 +0000
        Subject: [mill_drill] Re: Boring head?

        Direct reading might be *slightly* more convenient mentally, but there is no change in precision. The adjustment thread is still 20 TPI. The screw head is simply marked in 100 steps rather than 50.

        I have no trouble at all in splitting the marks on my non-direct reading boring head.

        But then I am using an old SB lathe with non-direct dials as well.

        Gene