Re: [mill_drill] Re: HF Mill/Drill on Ebay

  • Druid Noibn
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 9, 2013
      Hi,

      The HF folks like you better <smile>.   The 20% off is out of Popular Science magazine - I haven't seen a regional 25% off coupon.  Very interesting.

      Agreed on the bidding.

      Take care,
      DBN

      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 10, 2013
        That could be.  They know where I live so they send lots of temptations.  This was the first 25% er I ever saw, then a couple of weeks later, another one came.  A question:  Who brings in the mail, you or your wife? <smile>
        Phil R

        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 10, 2013

          Very Good <SMILE>!!!!!

          That could be.  They know where I live so they send lots of temptations.  This was the first 25% er I ever saw, then a couple of weeks later, another one came.  A question:  Who brings in the mail, you or your wife? <smile>
          Phil R

          Not sure about your location, but we have a 25% off coupon circulating around here now(Houston TX area). So (1200 - 300) + 97 = $997. (+tax maybe) to your door for a new machine with warranty. So now the bidding is at 500+ ??? + 200 shipping for $700+. Not sure what the collets are worth, but I would not get into much of a bidding war over it.

          --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "joeyfredrick@..." <joeyfredrick@...> wrote:

          > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151008994348#ht_1348wt_1398
          >
          > In good shape. What do you think it's worth?

        • Jerry Durand
          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 10, 2013
            On 03/10/2013 12:41 AM, philr_77378@... wrote:
            That could be.  They know where I live so they send lots of temptations.  This was the first 25% er I ever saw, then a couple of weeks later, another one came.  A question:  Who brings in the mail, you or your wife? <smile>
            Phil R

            My wife just handed me a page of HF coupons including the free gift and 20% off ones, it was in a "Valu-Pak" mailer.  She also finds them in other advertisements that we get as well as in Country Life magazine (free magazine) and at least one of the NRA magazines.  We keep a stack under a magnet on the 'fridge, nicely sorted with the ones about to expire on the top (it's a strong magnet, the stack gets thick).

            A friend who buys HF gear for his job is always amazed when I come up with HF coupons and he's apparently never seen a free item coupon, I guess he never looks at the mail.

            tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
            Skype:  jerrydurand

          • CS Mo
            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 10, 2013
              Jerry, I think it depends on how close you are to a Harbor Freight. When I lived 10 miles from a HF store, I used to get 2-3 coupons a week. I currently live about 50 miles from a HF store and never get them.

              --CS

              >On 03/10/2013 12:41 AM, philr_77378@... wrote:
              >>

              >> That could be. They know where I live so they send lots of
              >> temptations. This was the first 25% er I ever saw, then a couple of
              >> weeks later, another one came. A question: Who brings in the mail,
              >> you or your wife? <smile>
              >> Phil R
              >>

              >My wife just handed me a page of HF coupons including the free gift and
              >20% off ones, it was in a "Valu-Pak" mailer. She also finds them in
              >other advertisements that we get as well as in Country Life magazine
              >(free magazine) and at least one of the NRA magazines. We keep a stack
              >under a magnet on the 'fridge, nicely sorted with the ones about to
              >expire on the top (it's a strong magnet, the stack gets thick).
              >
              >A friend who buys HF gear for his job is always amazed when I come up
              >with HF coupons and he's apparently never seen a free item coupon, I
              >guess he never looks at the mail.
              >
              >--
              >Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc. www.interstellar.com
              >tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
              >Skype: jerrydurand

            • uhmgawa
              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 10, 2013
                --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "joeyfredrick@..." <joeyfredrick@...> wrote:

                > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151008994348#ht_1348wt_1398
                >
                > In good shape. What do you think it's worth?

                About $500 less than the current bid given the buyer gets to foot
                the bill for shipping. The best case is you'll end up with a
                HF "quality" machine. But if you have a problem..

                Enco currently has a Rong Fu round column mill for $1350 with
                free shipping. And in my recent experience with a no-name
                knock off square column mill where Enco couldn't find one
                within usable tolerance, they actually replaced the mill with
                a bona fide Rong Fu at no cost to me.

                I'd let the Evilbay auction head off the cliff and into the
                hands of whoever thinks that proposition makes sense. I think
                at that price better deals are easy to find.