Re: [mill_drill] Re: HF Mill/Drill on Ebay

  • philr_77378
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 9, 2013
      That maybe.  I will look at the fine print, when I find my microscope.  I recently used one to buy 2HD ton shop crane.  That's big ticket for me at this time.  Don't remember the HF list, but with the coupon plus the ongoing 'sale' price at the moment, got it for 180.  You should ask them.
      Phil R

      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 9, 2013
        Hi,

        Check around for adverts - magazines, etc...  Note - some products are excluded - I recall the Cushman compressors...  I have not seen an exclusion for the mill/drill.  Oh heck, give me a minute, I'm sure I have a coupon downstairs...I'll be right back...... I'm back, and here is/are a few of the salient points....

        Can't combine with any other deal, coupon, etc... (no double dipping), gift cards or Inside Track Club..  Can't use for compressors, generators, tool storage or carts, welders, floor jacks, towable rid-on trencher 65162, open box items, in-store event or parking lot sales or prior sales.

        I see all compressors are now excluded.. and a bunch of other interesting items.  You can use the coupon in-store, on-line or by 'phone....20% off, one item only.

        So according to the coupon in April Popular Science magazine - the mill/drill qualifies.  Go to your local store and look at a copy of the magazine - see if the coupon looks good for your needs.

        Take care,
        DBN

        HF does not have coupons on machines now. You may have access to a coupon that i don't
        I am in SW Mi

        GP

        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 9, 2013
          Hi,

          See my other note regarding the 20% off coupon - you can use it.

          As for the extras - ahem....I gather he didn't like the drill chuck and face mill it came with (the ones in the picture look like them to me, but my eyes are getting a tad old).

          At $500 it is a good eal - will he sell it for the price (shipping $$ ok?) - OR will someone local bid it up to $850 and drive over an pick it up?

          So, if $XXX is good for you - bid that price and keep your fingers away for the keybaord until the sale is over <smile>.  Very easy to say - harder to do - been there too many times.

          The best of luck to you - let all know what happens - most especialy if you win and are making great widgets.

          DBN

          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 9, 2013
            Hi,

            The HF folks like you better <smile>.   The 20% off is out of Popular Science magazine - I haven't seen a regional 25% off coupon.  Very interesting.

            Agreed on the bidding.

            Take care,
            DBN

            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 10, 2013
              That could be.  They know where I live so they send lots of temptations.  This was the first 25% er I ever saw, then a couple of weeks later, another one came.  A question:  Who brings in the mail, you or your wife? <smile>
              Phil R

              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 10, 2013

                Very Good <SMILE>!!!!!

                That could be.  They know where I live so they send lots of temptations.  This was the first 25% er I ever saw, then a couple of weeks later, another one came.  A question:  Who brings in the mail, you or your wife? <smile>
                Phil R

                Not sure about your location, but we have a 25% off coupon circulating around here now(Houston TX area). So (1200 - 300) + 97 = $997. (+tax maybe) to your door for a new machine with warranty. So now the bidding is at 500+ ??? + 200 shipping for $700+. Not sure what the collets are worth, but I would not get into much of a bidding war over it.

                --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "joeyfredrick@..." <joeyfredrick@...> wrote:

                > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151008994348#ht_1348wt_1398
                >
                > In good shape. What do you think it's worth?

              • Jerry Durand
                Message 7 of 22 , Mar 10, 2013
                  On 03/10/2013 12:41 AM, philr_77378@... wrote:
                  That could be.  They know where I live so they send lots of temptations.  This was the first 25% er I ever saw, then a couple of weeks later, another one came.  A question:  Who brings in the mail, you or your wife? <smile>
                  Phil R

                  My wife just handed me a page of HF coupons including the free gift and 20% off ones, it was in a "Valu-Pak" mailer.  She also finds them in other advertisements that we get as well as in Country Life magazine (free magazine) and at least one of the NRA magazines.  We keep a stack under a magnet on the 'fridge, nicely sorted with the ones about to expire on the top (it's a strong magnet, the stack gets thick).

                  A friend who buys HF gear for his job is always amazed when I come up with HF coupons and he's apparently never seen a free item coupon, I guess he never looks at the mail.

                  tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
                  Skype:  jerrydurand

                • CS Mo
                  Message 8 of 22 , Mar 10, 2013
                    Jerry, I think it depends on how close you are to a Harbor Freight. When I lived 10 miles from a HF store, I used to get 2-3 coupons a week. I currently live about 50 miles from a HF store and never get them.

                    --CS

                    >On 03/10/2013 12:41 AM, philr_77378@... wrote:
                    >>

                    >> That could be. They know where I live so they send lots of
                    >> temptations. This was the first 25% er I ever saw, then a couple of
                    >> weeks later, another one came. A question: Who brings in the mail,
                    >> you or your wife? <smile>
                    >> Phil R
                    >>

                    >My wife just handed me a page of HF coupons including the free gift and
                    >20% off ones, it was in a "Valu-Pak" mailer. She also finds them in
                    >other advertisements that we get as well as in Country Life magazine
                    >(free magazine) and at least one of the NRA magazines. We keep a stack
                    >under a magnet on the 'fridge, nicely sorted with the ones about to
                    >expire on the top (it's a strong magnet, the stack gets thick).
                    >
                    >A friend who buys HF gear for his job is always amazed when I come up
                    >with HF coupons and he's apparently never seen a free item coupon, I
                    >guess he never looks at the mail.
                    >
                    >--
                    >Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc. www.interstellar.com
                    >tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
                    >Skype: jerrydurand

                  • uhmgawa
                    Message 9 of 22 , Mar 10, 2013
                      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "joeyfredrick@..." <joeyfredrick@...> wrote:

                      > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151008994348#ht_1348wt_1398
                      >
                      > In good shape. What do you think it's worth?

                      About $500 less than the current bid given the buyer gets to foot
                      the bill for shipping. The best case is you'll end up with a
                      HF "quality" machine. But if you have a problem..

                      Enco currently has a Rong Fu round column mill for $1350 with
                      free shipping. And in my recent experience with a no-name
                      knock off square column mill where Enco couldn't find one
                      within usable tolerance, they actually replaced the mill with
                      a bona fide Rong Fu at no cost to me.

                      I'd let the Evilbay auction head off the cliff and into the
                      hands of whoever thinks that proposition makes sense. I think
                      at that price better deals are easy to find.