Re: [mill_drill] Re: Harbor Freight Mill/Drill 33686 Bearing ?

  • Arthur Marks
    Message 1 of 70 , Mar 3, 2013
      To be honest, I always have to double check which side is which and
      correct orientation every time I do this too. Here are the various
      orientations, Front to Front (DF), Back to Back (DB) or Tandem (DT):
      http://tinyurl.com/bb6q7mq Most bearings have a "V" on the edge of
      the outer race that will designate the bearing force angle. Others
      are designated by which side the bearing designations are printed.
      Double check with the small information paper included in the box with
      the bearing (if they came with such). From your pictures, it looks
      like you mounted them Back to Back (DB). That is a very standard way
      to mount them with this spindle arrangement. You did good, Frank! :)

      On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 5:48 PM, olds7d442 <olds7d442@...> wrote:
      > I just need someone to tell me I pressed the bearing on facing the correct way. Please tell me it's right, got my fingers crossed.
      > http://imageshack.us/a/img715/7288/dsc03159hg.jpg
      > http://imageshack.us/a/img838/5319/dsc03161s.jpg
    • greg.gelhar
      Message 70 of 70 , Mar 12, 2013
      • 1 Attachment
      • 250 KB
      I am not sure what your milling table looks like but would you be able to
      mount your tools on an adapter plate? I have this small vise attached to a
      3/8 steel plate. It makes for very quick angle set-ups on the mill and
      will bolt down to many of my other fixtures.